• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latest System Update from Sprint causes no audio on calls!

joeynach

Lurker
Sep 18, 2012
Hello,
I am Joey and new on the forums. I am extremely upset after updating to the latest system update (hoping for some big fixes in current UI), as notified by my phone about 7 to 10 days ago. Since that point I can not make or receive calls at all. Calls I make either timeout or if they go through there is no audio, though people have told me they can hear me. Same thing for incoming calls, I answer and there is no audio, but people can tell me I can hear them. So I finally get around to calling Sprint CS over Skype since the phone function of my Evo Shift doesnt work and they tell me I need to take it to a Sprint Store and have a tech look at it. Low and behold he comes back right away with the default fix everything line "we need to do a hard reset to restore your phone", "there must have been a bug in the software update". WTF!!!! Thats your software update that you published for me to DL and now it has corrupted my phone, and your only solution is to wipe 2 years worth of apps, media, data, saved texts, contacts, etc etc off the phone and start over from scratch. Thats 100% unacceptable, it would take hours if not days that I dont have to get every little thing I have acquired or purchased back onto my phone. And to make matters worse I am eligible for an upgrade 40 days from now, so why on earth would a reset the phone, go through the pain of restoring everything, and then 40 days from now have to do it all over again. Im sorry but this is unacceptable, either find a way to fix the phone without a hard reset and rollback the device software, or at least offer me an immediate use of my upgrade or discount on a new device since your own software corrupted mine. Does anyone know a way to fix this issue or restore the phone to a previous system version??

Joe

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones