• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latest update killed Moto X4 wifi

TaxCPA

Lurker
Jul 24, 2019
Since Saturday, July 20 I have not been able to use wifi to reach most of my usual places! Settings sees my four home SSIDs and connects to each, then claims that no Internet connection has been achieved. Most apps cannot update nor access current content -- e.g., New York Times, Libby, Simply E. But, then, one of those apps will succeed for a while. Then lose contact the next day or hour! As the Verizon tech confirmed: it's random -- but affects the bulk of my apps.
At a genuine Verizon store I was able to verify there was no problem with the SIM; the tech swapped it into a another phone and no problem. As fixes I've "forgotten" my networks and re-entered them, and restarted the phone a dozen times. BestBuy, where I'd bought it unlocked, said I can only await the next update. SERIOUSLY?
Right now in SIM status I see that "Mobile network state" is Disconnected. How work directly with that? (Wow, almost changed to a Guest account in hunting for the APN settings.)
For over two months I'd had intermittent problems accessing the 'net with DuckDuckGo, finally removed that from the phone about two weeks ago, and had been happy to use FireFox to browse.
Does this sound similar to anyone else's wifi problems and, I hope, fixes?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones