• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latest Update - Samsung Experience 9.5 SNAFU

Lamf77

Lurker
Nov 22, 2012
I have a 2016 Chevy Trax. No issues whatsoever pairing the Bluetooth with my J7. Listen to music from the phone, take calls, messages get notified through car speaker etc.

Then I noticed about a week ago...the phone connection stopped working. I discovered it was not only my car, but Bluetooth headset too.

I can pair my phone. Music will play. If I get a text message I can hear it. If I have Google Maps on I can hear the voice.

However, if the phone rings, zero when I answer. No voice or sound. Like the microphone and speakers/headset are muted.

If I press "Speaker" on my phone, now I can hear the person through the phone and they can hear me. However as soon as I turn the Bluetooth back on...I lose them. In my car it says going to Private Mode....and I can hear through the phone. But as soon as I reconnect to the Bluetooth....I hear nothing.

I have tried everything...to no avail. My wife has the exact same phone. Hers acts the same. Leads me to believe it is from the last update which happened a week or so ago.
I tried the factory reset today. And the second step when the phone rebooted was "checking for updates"! Arrggghhh!

How can I reset my phone to how it was and not have it auto-update. Or another fix!

I hope this makes sense and I hope someone can help!

Mike

Oct 31st my j7 updated overnight.
Next day bluetooth works with everything except calls.
I contacted Samsung tech support.
They were going to send out a work order to fix the 9.5 update until they found out that I have an international j7 that I bought from Amazon.
They said I will have to wait for next update unless enough people complain to Samsung tech support

Upvote 0
Oct 31st my j7 updated overnight.
Next day bluetooth works with everything except calls.
I contacted Samsung tech support.
They were going to send out a work order to fix the 9.5 update until they found out that I have an international j7 that I bought from Amazon.
They said I will have to wait for next update unless enough people complain to Samsung tech support

That generally means you bought a grey import phone, usually an Asia variant probably shipped from Hong Kong. Is it a dual-SIM "J7 Duos" variant? And basically Samsung US tech support will NOT help and assist you with that.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones