1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

laucher pro plus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by randy_c, Sep 10, 2010.

1. randy_c

randy_c Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I heard lots of good thing about this one and have a question? Can you use this and the application drawers stay the same as original? I like it samsung app drawer.. :)

Advertisement

2. Aspenator

Aspenator Active Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Slides vertically instead of horizontally I believe.

3. AntaresDnB

AntaresDnB New Member

Sep 2, 2010
    yes, it scrolls vertically. i much prefer launcher pro due to it having a much better twitter and messaging widget and none of the lag TWiz had for me. the dock also looks a lot better, imo

4. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    i never noticed any lag while using touchwiz. maybe i'll go back for a week and try it.

5. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Central Florida
    Never had any lag that I can remember in touchwiz, none in launcher pro plus either. I prefer LPP hands down. You can download the launcher and try it. The pay version just allows you access to the widgets (people, bookmarks, calendar, messaging, twitter etc)

Peace

6. randy_c

randy_c Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    So it will disable the touchwiz? how do you install and switch between the two? don't want mess up my phone so that's why I am asking

7. install home switcher and set launcher pro as the default and use a task manager to close twlauncher

Home Switcher - Android app on AppBrain

8. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Central Florida
    Home Switcher as posted above is the best thing. Easy and simple and you can set it to default or have it ask each time. Hit the button and pick which you want until you decide if you like LP.

To answer your other question

This is straight from the developer of Launcher Pro

by Fede Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:18 am
    If you set LP as your default and reboot your phone, your stock launcher *shouldn't* start again unless you specifically open it. So LP runs instead of the stock launcher, not alongside it.

When I first got my phone was pretty nervous about fiddling to much with it but I am glad I tried LP. I like it alot more than the stock platform. I paid for mine a few days later and have no intentions of ever going back to touchwiz

Peace and good luck

Boldt

9. sparker366

sparker366 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Another nice thing is there is LauncherPro Icons out which gives you lots of nice docks and icons you can replace the stock and included lp icons with. I bought it an really like it