• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher/calendar widget/help

I was so excited to get the S4, but now that I've had this for two days, I absolutely cannot believe how much better looking and thoughtful the HTC design is. Urgh.

Can someone tell me how to accomplish:
1. Moving the "apps" icon to the center of the "home row" (or, does anyone know what the actual term is for this unbelievably enormous chunk of real estate at the bottom of each screen)? I can add and subtract any other icons from that space, but the apps icon I can neither remove, nor move to the left (whenever I add or take away any other icons from that space, the apps icon refuses to go any place but to the right of everything else). This is such a simple thing, I can't believe its not possible to move it away from the far right, but, so far I'm stumped.
1a. I've tried multiple "launchers" that rectify this issue, but, NO launcher I have tried allows me the large calendar widget set to "month" view.

All I want is my apps icon in the middle of that bottom row of icons (or removed outright), while retaining my large calendar widget in "month" view.

Can anyone tell me before I have an immense and childish temper tantrum and break this thing in half?

All help is appreciated!

I hear ya, I miss a lot of things about my HTC. I don't think you can move the app drawer icon to the middle...I've tried everything.

As far as the calendar goes, there is a stock 4×4 calendar (month) widget in the app drawer that you can expand to fill the entire homescreen. At least there is on mine, I have Verizon.

Correction: you don't have to expand it. It automatically fills the entire screen, I was thinking of the bookmark widget.

Reactions: monsterz3ro
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones