1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Launcher & com.google.process.gapps error on tablet

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I have a trio stealth tablet. It is less than 2 months old. Suddenly yesterday i started getting the errors "Unfortunately, the Launcher has stopped" error & the com.process.google.gapps has stopped working. the tablet is now unusable, home screens do not load. i can get into settings, but the com.process.google.gapps error is pretty much constant. i have tried several things including disable/enable download manager, reset app preferences, & clearing the cache partition in recovery mode. nothing has worked. i fear i may have to do a factory reset, but i am still trying to avoid that if possible. i have attempted to uninstall several apps & clear data/cache of individual apps but they will not clear. if i restart the tablet, none of the changes are saved, just back to how it was. any other suggestions/fixes for this? thx in advance.

Advertisement

2. Mitch Gibson

Mitch Gibson Lurker
    None

Nov 22, 2014
    Male
    Had this happen on a Vivitar XO tablet. Uninstalled all updates to Google Play Services. It worked. It was a HORRIBLE nightmare trying to figure it out. There is nothing on the internet about it. None of the menus are similar to other devices.
    In the parent menu, select go to Andriod/return to Andriod. Go to settings. Select Apps on the list on the left. Go to Google Play Services in the list on the right. Select Uninstall. Holy shit what a complete nightmare.