• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher poll

Which launcher do you favour with your Desire?

• LauncherPro

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • ADW.Launcher

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Go Launcher

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Sense

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

Jon_LTD

Android Expert
Sep 6, 2011
Uk
Just curious, which launcher do you prefer?

And which themes you use with them?

If "Other" do share. I just cannot settle on one theme/launcher as they're all so customisable and I can do so much. I tend to flick between ADW.Launcher with the "Flux" theme and Go Launcher Ex with the "Transparent Space" theme.

But generally I favour the ADW.Launcher option.

i used to use LP but i found the persistent nagging a reason not to buy the plus version as i thought the approach was too cowboy.
When go launcher came out it was a bit of a lead weight and needed some work but i stuck with it.
Ive used ADW for years before on other phones but for some reason i just find it laggy, dated and a little lacklustre.

so yeah, i like GO as its constantly up to date. they only want money for themes rather than features, its smooth to run. has premium features for free and plugs into their other many free products.

Upvote 0
Obviously was on Sense originally, and ran happily with that for >1 year. Then rooted and flashed CM7, which ship swith ADW. I lived with that but never grew particularly fond of it (although it does have some useful features). Recently tried out Go Launcher (still with CM7), and am totally won over with it. Very smooth, looks good with the theme I use (D.SUGER Theme), nicely customisable. Could maybe benefit from some of the desktop icon context menu items that ADW has.

3538hgm.png

Upvote 0
Been through most of them at one time or other, but tend to drift back to Sense - mostly for the widgets. I know there are plenty of replacements on the Market, but there always seems to be a niggle or two.

Was on Insertcoin, which allows you to use Sense skins so was able to have a skin with a straight bar at the bottom rather than the curve which looks much better. Currently testing RevolutioN, but having trouble getting skins to work so may switch back.

Do like the Go launcher though. I've got a cheap Chinese

Upvote 0
because they have tried to hard to get money, people will always go for a free alternative especially if the free alternative performs better

For the record i actually paid for LPP and still prefer to use Go. I tend to try and keep using the paid apps I have bought but go is so much better for me than LPP. I'm gutted I hadn't tried it before.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones