1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

launcher pro and home switcher

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sergey, Jul 22, 2010.

1. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    reducing the hate on Android and iPhone
    NYC
    I'd just like to add my 2 cents in, this is probably old, but I just discovered it. And I think it is amazing

launcher pro is pretty awesome, you get 7 home screens, the htc all-in-one view of all the screens, the programmable keys on the bottom, the 2.2 drawer, it's all good. It makes things a bit sexy while we wait for froyo.

Home switcher is a necessity since it makes it easy to switch between the regular home and launcher pro.

The only thing I noticed was that the battery life was shorter and the Droid would get hot just sitting in the pocket. And I don't know how to reaccess the features/settings, does anybody know how to do it? I turned off the bouncy option when flipping between home screens and turned off the performance boost- that seemed to improve battery life.

Advertisement

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    To access the settings of Launcher Pro, on your home screen, press the menu softkey --> Preferences

Also, it is not recommended to switch between the two - it was recommended by the dev of Helix or by the dev of LP to empty your default Home screen of all icons and widgets if you're using their alternative - and I agree.

Pick on and use it.

3. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Where Diamond Head Stay
    +1 on removing all widgets and icons from your unused home apps, and launchers.

With the 15 scrollable dock icons/shotcuts in LP, do you really need 7 screens? ;)

I have my droid on 3 screens, and i don't even fill up half of each screen. I do use Folder Organizer's folders to keep clutter to a minimum though. Folder Organizer's folders can even be set as the dock icons. :)

4. muleskinner93

muleskinner93 Member

May 8, 2010
    hey all, i just got my samsung captivate and i put launcher pro and home switcher on it. id like to know how to add more homescreens/pages to it, i currently only have three and cant figure out how to add more, thankns

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    1) This is the Motorola DROID forum. 2) Read my post above. 3) The developer has a good set of FAQs on his site.