1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Launcher Pro contact issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Iczer, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Iczer

Iczer Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Anyone having issues with the LauncherPro contacts not able to load? Is there a way to re-map it? I hold the button and can change the shortcut, but it won't let me select just contacts, I have to select a specific one.

Advertisement

2. Iczer

Iczer Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    This topic can be closed.

I had to change the shortcut, but instead of selecting an individual contact I had to select applications and it then listed contacts. This remapped my shortcut and it now works.

2WheeledEpic likes this.
  3. jayhawksean

jayhawksean Member

Jun 3, 2010
    professor
    Grand Rapids, MI
    launcher has a Messenger app that is mapped correctly. but i use Google Voice for messages. any way to map the Launcher Messenger app to that instead?

4. Iczer

Iczer Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    If you do a long click on the messages shortcut, select change shortcut > applications and select what application you want it to map to.

Let me know if that works.

5. beldorian

beldorian Active Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Insurance
    Central Texas
    Long press broken contact icon in tray > Select Change Shortcut > Select Activities > Scroll down & click Contacts > Click / Select com.sec.android.app.contacts.PhoneBookTopMenuActivity or com.android.contacts.ContactShortcut > Enter Label and click OK

If you want the same icon that was in the tray after clicking OK above, just click LauncherPro Icons > Select Contacts icon

You can change the icon anytime by long pressing the one you want to change and selecting Change icon

Hope this helps! :)

jlonegro and DILands like this.
  6. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    King of Prussia PA 19406

It's OFFICIAL!!! YOU ROCK!!!

7. smilepak

smilepak Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I ahve the verizon fascinate and it doesn't seem to do that for me. When I select Change Short Cut -> Select Activities -> I see Contact, so when i select contact, it show me my list of contacts

8. <=U=L=T=R=A=>

<=U=L=T=R=A=> Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010

thanks it really heped:D

What about call history or call log? Need a shortcut for that one

9. Roker

Roker New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Ur all doing it the hard way, here's how to do it:

Change shortcut > applications > contacts

When you click on applications it takes you to a list then select contacts off that list. Simple.

10. Craigerz

Craigerz Active Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Sarasota, FL
    Quick question about my contacts button in my dock...when I press on it it says "could not launch the requested activity". Not sure why it would say this...all the other shortcuts in my dock work just fine.

11. BigD562

BigD562 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    You have to remap it using the method of the poster above you posted.

12. <=U=L=T=R=A=>

<=U=L=T=R=A=> Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Originally Posted by beldorian [​IMG]
    Long press broken contact icon in tray > Select Change Shortcut > Select Activities > Scroll down & click Contacts > Click / Select com.sec.android.app.contacts.PhoneBookTopMenuActiv ity or com.android.contacts.ContactShortcut > Enter Label and click OK

If you want the same icon that was in the tray after clicking OK above, just click LauncherPro Icons > Select Contacts icon

You can change the icon anytime by long pressing the one you want to change and selecting Change icon

Hope this helps! :)

this is how u remap...

13. flg8r71

flg8r71 New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Beldorian you da man!!! Thanks so much for sharing, it was driving me crazy.