• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher Pro custom Icons?

Some help please. So i download a custom icon pack to my sd, which the icons are in png form. I'm using laucher pro and when i try to use custom icons option, the gallery opens up and Im assuming that its only reading jpeg files and doesnt show the PNG files anywhere. So how would i be able to assign those custom icons if so. Thanks!

Some help please. So i download a custom icon pack to my sd, which the icons are in png form. I'm using laucher pro and when i try to use custom icons option, the gallery opens up and Im assuming that its only reading jpeg files and doesnt show the PNG files anywhere. So how would i be able to assign those custom icons if so. Thanks!

nah, Launcher Pro, is just your launcher. when you choose "custom icons" you then choose HOW you would like to select your icon, and that should be either gallery, or astro, or any method for choosing your icon pic.

Upvote 0
nah, Launcher Pro, is just your launcher. when you choose "custom icons" you then choose HOW you would like to select your icon, and that should be either gallery, or astro, or any method for choosing your icon pic.

sorry, when you choose "custom icon pack" you then choose from a list of apk's for icons. that will lead you to your icon.

Upvote 0
I understand, but when i choose Gallery to select a icon..it opens up and just shows all the jpegs in my SD. None of the png icons show up in Gallery for me to select??? maybe im doing something wrong..

if you are using an "icon pack" than looking for the .png is useless. you need to choose, "custom icon packs" then choose your pack, then choose your icon.

if you copied a file full of .png's, where did you put them? if you placed it in the root, (or a file within the root) of your SD card, they will show up in the gallery.

can you tell me exactly what you DL'd, and if you put it on your phone, where did you put it?

Upvote 0
WOW thanks for going out the way to help. I appreciate it..its a zip file with png icons in them. This is the down load link _text.zip in which i found from the topic http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/91853-lets-us-peek-your-screens-41.html ...maybe like a couple of post down.

which suppose to be basic text icons..

now we're talkin' !

If you DL'd it to your phone, than you will need to un zip it as a .zip is compressed.

Same thing if you DL'd it to your PC

*tell me if you can't unzip it, i will get you something FREE to do it.

then all will be golden.

Upvote 0
Ok.. sweet.. thanks so much. A quick question if you dont mind. Now I take it as there is another to get icons such as in a pack..How would you installs those if I came across those and any good suggestions to where to find them? thanks alot again

Market. you can search for icon packs or find out what some people are already using. Then search for that.

in actuality though, the evolution will bring you to custom icons, so if you're already using them without packs you are ahead of the game.

for a few reasons (not the least of which is, you can delete the ones you don't use. or never put them on your phone to begin with, therefore saving space)
AND most "icon packs" can be found on the interweb without the use of icon packs. so generally that is a better solution.

Upvote 0
I accidently clicked gallery and ue by default so now I can't select icons with astro or anything else, I tried clearing defaults for astro and launcherpro but to no avail and gallery has no defaults to clear. Does anyone have any insite on how I can reset it to use a file manager to select icons and dock backgrounds?

Upvote 0
I accidently clicked gallery and ue by default so now I can't select icons with astro or anything else, I tried clearing defaults for astro and launcherpro but to no avail and gallery has no defaults to clear. Does anyone have any insite on how I can reset it to use a file manager to select icons and dock backgrounds?

Menu Button > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications then find Gallery, and select "Clear Defaults." That should do it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones