1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Launcher Pro Ex

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by pasqo83, Jan 2, 2012.

1. pasqo83

pasqo83 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 26, 2011
    Newbie playing with the launcher pro functions - Troubleshooting query.

On the standard S2 theme (without launcher pro) I have already created folders and put everything into where it should be.

When I use Launcher Pro and use other themes, i no longer see them any more. Is there anyway to bring those folders back without going back to the default theme (standard theme without the launcher pro).

Thanks

Advertisement

2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    It has nothing to do with any themes (which are also launcher dependent), what you do in one launcher (Default Android, Touch Wiz, Launcher Pro, ADW, etc.)doesn't translate to any other launcher. You will have to create new folders (if the launcher supports folders), place Icons, widgets etc. for each launcher. The one thing that does (usually) remain regardless of launcher choice is wallpaper. If you have a fast device, try out ADW too. I'm a long time(paying) Launcher Pro user, but ADW has some very cool features and is updated more frequently. Launcher pro still works smoother on older and slower devices.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    As far as I know, Launcher Pro app drawer does not support folders. Also, the folders you made were Launcher dependent, meaning they weren't physical folders you can copy to other launchers.

4. pasqo83

pasqo83 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 26, 2011
    Thanks for the help guys, im just testing it, there are soo many different functions in Launcher pro and ADW, especially being a newbie on Android, its all overwhelming. I managed to do the windows tiles (shown in one of the stickys on here) so am now getting a good grasp of it all.

Will check out ADW though and compare it.

Would it be right to say if I use ADW that everything runs more faster/smoother than Launcher pro or not much difference other than a few more settings? Launcher Pro is doing the job for me and do not want to go crazy mad in tweaking it. The simpler it is, the faster my phone operates. :)

5. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    New England
    Launcher Pro has always been one of the fastest launchers, but it's become abandonware since the developer evidently has other priorities than, y'know, fixing or enhancing it. ADW is very good, but more sluggish on slower phones.

My current favorite is GO Launcher EX, which is fast, frequently updated, and ridiculously full-featured. It's also free unless you choose to buy some of the themes available for it. Try it, you'll like it. ;)