• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher Pro on the G Tablet?

Reactions: Zebulon
Upvote 0
OK, thanks. I take it that Launcher Pro and the other programs gets around the awkwardness of the TnT interface, then?

I installed a custom that got rid of the whole tnt interface. There's a lot of options for gtab owners. You can get rid of stock, keep some of the stock interface, keep all of it but enhance it by adding a enhancement pack. there's something for everyone.:)

Reactions: Zebulon
Upvote 0
Awesome, I appreciate the clarification. I'm kind of on the fence as far as buying a tablet right now. I'm kind of torn between the G-Tablet and the Notion Ink Adam, which may or may not ever really be available. The G-Tablet sure looks like the best bang for the buck, plus, you know, you can actually buy one.

this may help you make your decision.

Alternative GTab firmware - NI Adam based (updated 1/26/2010, version 1.0.0 alpha4) - xda-developers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKWeVY_pOEs

if it's the software you like on the Adam, we already have it running on our G-tabs. :D

Upvote 0
Yeah, I have seen that video before. The Adam sure does look slick, and the specs on it are REALLY impressive, but it seems like Notion Ink has really had issues with getting the Adam to the market. I also like that I can go do my local Office Depot and actually try the G-Tablet out, rather than sending my $450 to India and hoping that maybe I'll get a gadget in return.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I have seen that video before. The Adam sure does look slick, and the specs on it are REALLY impressive, but it seems like Notion Ink has really had issues with getting the Adam to the market. I also like that I can go do my local Office Depot and actually try the G-Tablet out, rather than sending my $450 to India and hoping that maybe I'll get a gadget in return.

You know that's not the Adam, right? ;) that's the gtab running the adam software. So far almost all the tegra devices that are out, our gtab devs have been able to port apps and even entire UIs to our gtab. This gives the gtab the advantage of flexibilty.

Upvote 0
I have not regretted my purchase once. I guess it all depends on what kind of hardware you want. I like messing with my stuff and customizing, and the gTablet is great for the money and capability of it. The only thing that irritates me is Viewsonic's lack of accessories, namely a nice fitted case similar to what an ipad has.

As a side note, I have used LP+, works fine. Switched to ADW-EX and haven't looked back (on both my Droid and gTablet).

Upvote 0
I have not regretted my purchase once. I guess it all depends on what kind of hardware you want. I like messing with my stuff and customizing, and the gTablet is great for the money and capability of it. The only thing that irritates me is Viewsonic's lack of accessories, namely a nice fitted case similar to what an ipad has.

As a side note, I have used LP+, works fine. Switched to ADW-EX and haven't looked back (on both my Droid and gTablet).

Sears has a pretty good deal on a basic case:
viewsonic case
I just had my brother pick a "refurb" g-tab from sears ($280) and this case. I'll see them on friday and let you know what I think.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones