1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Launcher pro plus/FB widget

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scottybones, Feb 23, 2011.

1. scottybones

scottybones Member
    None

Dec 22, 2010
    Tech Support/IT
    Orlando, FL
    I've installed launcher pro plus which is awesome, but also one of the reasons i dl'd it is cuz I was told the fb widget would work w. Notifications. I've yet to be notified when I get a new message/post. I've even checked off on the fb website for apps "launcher pro" to receive notifications. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    I honestly dont know why yours isnt working when I get a fb message I get that lil F box that pops up in my notification bar that tells me I received a message. Samething when I have fb chat open.

3. scottybones

scottybones Member
    None

Dec 22, 2010
    Tech Support/IT
    Orlando, FL
    U think if I removed the regular fb appp then reinstalled launcher pro plus would help my situation in hand? Btw I'm running a customrom, cognition...2.6b but this shouldn't even matter or have an affect

4. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    i dont know if the custom rom would affect it any im still on stock 2.1, but i would think it shouldnt do anything to the fb app. did you maybe try to contact Fede the dev of LPP maybe if you send him a PM he might have a little more incite as to why it might not be working for you.

and when you open the fb app and then hit the menu button->settings your notifications are checked?

Also I did a quick google search and others are having a similar problem on other devices like the Evo so maybe its a FB bug affecting random people???