1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

launcher pro?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by fishaddict, Oct 23, 2011.

1. fishaddict

fishaddict Lurker
    None

Oct 23, 2011
    Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and new to android as well, been an iphone user for the past 4 years. I recently downloaded the full version of launcher pro and really like how smooth it runs and all the widgets. But I've noticed when I try and change the number of home screen pages or dock pages its not working. I go into preferences and change it then it asks me if I want to restart launcher pro and I click yes, it restarts launcher pro but everything is still the same, and when i go back into preferences the numbers are back to what they were. Am I doing something wrong? Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still doesn't work. I guess I should mention I am useing a Samsung infuse, thanks.

Advertisement

2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    Private Security
    Seattle
    I have never heard of that problem, and I haven't experienced it in the 2 years I have been using the app.

If you want, you might want to check out the LauncherPro forum and see if anyone there has had your problem or knows a solution

LauncherPro Forum • Index page

3. surlypoker

surlypoker Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 13, 2011

I know with widgets they have to be saved to your phone memory... Id bet a launcher is the same way

Go to settings... Manage apps... Find the app and make sure it is saved to phones memory...

4. surlypoker

surlypoker Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Hope that works...

5. ardchoille

ardchoille Android Expert
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Male
    Ordained Minister
    Seattle
    I've been a fan of LauncherPro for a while and have found that some settings changes require that you reload LauncherPro to see the changes: Menu > Preferences > Restart LauncherPro

6. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Android Expert

Mar 10, 2011
    Streaker By Birff
    In Cell Phone SIMetery
    I have up to 5 homescreens so far on my copy of LauncherPro (Plus)... So far havent had this problem. I'd do what post#5 says, reinstall and see if it clears up!

LauncherPro is a really nice app!

7. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    I've only had LPP act funky like that on me once. I tried everything and ended up uninstalling the app, deleting the launcherpro_backup folder on my SD Card, and reinstalling (in that exact order). Of course I had to redo all of my settings and do another backup for it, but it fixed my issue.

8. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Android Expert

Mar 10, 2011
    Streaker By Birff
    In Cell Phone SIMetery
    I've even tried other Launch apps and keep coming back to Launcher Pro (LPP) because it has everything i need and want.

I have always been a BIG SPD Shell fan in the winmo world. but cant see paying that much again for an app. $14 or higher is just too much.

Launcher Pro Plus has what i want. i have the transitions set to cube and slow bounce (if thats a way to descibe it)