1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Launcher Pro

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cmubwanel, Dec 28, 2011.

1. cmubwanel

cmubwanel Newbie

How do I uninstall Launcher Pro? I can't find it listed on my RAZR, thus allowing me to uninstall it, but it is running. I'm, obviously, relatively new to smartphones.

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

If you can't find it in the apps list then go to the Market and bring it up there, one of the choices should be 'uninstall'.

cmubwanel likes this.
  3. JDunc

JDunc Android Enthusiast

Launcher Pro not run well with Razr?

4. IcellPhones

IcellPhones Member

I use launcher pro, and it runs well, i have resized my icons to 5 x 5 and at times when i touch an icon it does not open it but switches the screen that i am on to one of my other screens, anyone else experience this?

5. JDunc

JDunc Android Enthusiast

I ran Launcher Pro on my D2 and I'm not sure if it was the ROM I had or the upgrade to GB, but it seemed to FC alot and I never had that issue.

6. soba1

soba1 Well-Known Member

ADW EX is much better and it has some ICS features packed into it...

Trooper likes this.
  7. JDunc

JDunc Android Enthusiast

I'll check it out, thanks.

8. soba1

soba1 Well-Known Member

Give ADW a try first to see if u like it.
    ADW EX is the paid version. Its sweet.
    Really easy to customize with...
    Just to add that Motorola widgets do appear to work
    with ADW EX I have only tried tasks and sticky notes

9. you2

you2 Android Expert

If ADW Ex (I picked it up during google 10cent sale) had the app folders that blur had I would switch; then again (per an earlier comment somewhere) if blur allowed more flexibility with the dock i wouldn't be tempted to switch :) - sort of like phones - a bunch of options - all with good ideas but none of them perfect :(

10. soba1

soba1 Well-Known Member

I got the dock from custom launcher icons.....
    Only thing imo u really need to root your phone
    for imo is to overclock and maybe freeze some app. free tether and the like.
    But there is soooooo much flexibility with add on apps its unbelieveable.
    Thats why Blur doesnt really bother me so much.....
    I just wanted a niiiiiice screen. It was a hard choice but moto won out

11. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

I used to use LPP on my previous phones, but somehow it feels a bit oldish now. I started using Go Ex and I love it on my Razr. On my GTab 10.1 I use ADW EX.

Podivin likes this.
  12. soba1

soba1 Well-Known Member

Lol thats why I got ADW EX for my GTab 10.1 so I figured what the heck on my phone and it worked out.
    Gonna give Go Ex a look see........
    Thats why I like Android u can change your stuff up. I think an iphone would drive me crazy cause you're stuck with what you got.

13. soba1

soba1 Well-Known Member

Go Ex niiiiiice...Thanks

14. you2

you2 Android Expert

Do any of the add on launcher support the group app feature of blur (i.e, where you can assign apps to groups - or hide them) ?
    -
    Hum. I wonder what happens when we have icecream; maybe then the add on launcher won't need to support that feature since it will be native ?

15. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Agreed

16. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

On Go Ex, long press the home screen the select 'folder', it will allow you to group apps.

Based on the brief time that I had a Nexus, I'd say that an add on launcher may not be necessary. The stock launcher is very nice.
    Edit: Of course there will still be MotoBlur on the phones, so that may get in the way...

17. soba1

soba1 Well-Known Member

Cant say enough about Go launcher....I'm done lol

18. you2

you2 Android Expert

I saw the folder option for Go Ex; but that is slightly different. Blur also supports folders. However (as far as I could tell) Go Ex's folders did not allow grouping of apps (as seen in the app list). I suppose this might be minor but where this is nice is if you want to manage your apps and you sep them into groups as you add them to the device.

Btw some of the bar code readers are pretty nifty :)

19. soba1

soba1 Well-Known Member

As far as the folder for Go Ex.....Just pull the apps out to to the screen drag and drop the apps on top of each other. It wil create a folder. Long press the group and it will allow u to edit. I am assuming it will allow you to take icons from the diff EX themes....

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews