• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher Pro

Launcher Pro used to regarded as the best, but several others seem to have passed it up. I still use it, mostly because it does what I need and nothing more. I only got it because the Optimus 2.2.2 stock luncher couldn’t even do what it was supposed to, like remember what I had put it its folders.

Upvote 0
I consider launcher pro one of the worst ones actually.

All the famous launchers mentioned above should be considered.I personally love (and thus add) 91launcher (free and very rich of themes and options including gestures,transition effects,folders and many more,all free) and 360 launcher (also free but some themes aren't,but for registered users every week they donate some of them).

For simpler ones an alternative to holo (always good) is baidu desktop that contains also folder possibility and some simple but beautiful themes.

Finally for famous ones i got free (with app free of the day) next launcher and it seems to me much better than go launcher free (it uses less battery and it is much more fluid but it is a paid launcher,price seems depending on country),i add it to the other famous mentioned.

Upvote 0
Now there's a blast from the past. Launcher Pro.

I used it for ages. Bought the premium version. Then the dev dropped it whilst still claiming it was in development and strung people along for over a year with claims of a new version. Never happened.

Nova or Apex are your best bets if you're on ICS/JB.

Upvote 0
I had Launcher Pro (Plus) back in the day and it was awesome at he time. But like GrenW said, developer just stopped working on it even after promising major upgrades. He did pretty well with a lot of people buying the Plus edition. He was pushing his version of a music player but that was actually not good at all.

Since ICs (and now JB) Nova has been the best for me. I know a lot of people use Apex and Holo as well.

Upvote 0
i used GoLauncher on my old phone - Droid Charge....the launcher kind of went to shit and got extremely buggy and i deleted it.

I got an S4 recently and downloaded Nova which is really good but i have not tried Apex which i hear is good too....

to anyone who has tried multiple launchers...which provides the most transition effects? thats one thing i liked about GoLauncher is they offered a ton of them for free.

Upvote 0
i used GoLauncher on my old phone - Droid Charge....the launcher kind of went to shit and got extremely buggy and i deleted it.

I got an S4 recently and downloaded Nova which is really good but i have not tried Apex which i hear is good too....

to anyone who has tried multiple launchers...which provides the most transition effects? thats one thing i liked about GoLauncher is they offered a ton of them for free.

Nova and Apex have several, but you have to get the paid versions.

Upvote 0

360 launcher,91 launcher,both have many transition effects.Free both of them.Also 91 launcher picks pandahome themes,for me far the most beautiful ones.But 360 launcher contains beautiful themes also,and every week they offer free some themes which otherwise would not be free (users are only asked to be registered with a mail to download them).

Go launcher uses too much battery (controlled with gsam battery).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones