1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Launcher problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Thomas S, May 10, 2011.

1. Thomas S

Thomas S Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 27, 2011
    Today I started getting the following message: "sorry the application launcher has stopped unexpectedly" over and over again. After a quick search here and the 'net, the best fix I could find was to install ADW Launcher. I did this, and it works, but the stock launcher is still messed up. Does anyone know a way to fix it without doing a hard reset and losing everything? Or should I just use ADW and not worry about it?

Advertisement

2. Thomas S

None

Apr 27, 2011
    So nobody knows?

3. melissapugs

melissapugs Android Enthusiast
    None

Did your stock launcher start flubbing before or after adw? adw ex or free? Uninstall all but stock launcher, put on a home switcher, try another launcher after if you have no probs.
    Do you have a home switcher installed? Here's one I use. Best to use one if you like going back and forth with launchers, whether there alt or stock.
    I like adw ex for customization, but I find launcher pro almost as cool and a lot more stable. Lots of peeps here use Go Launcher Ex.
    Also: sometimes stock launcher doesn't play well with live wallpapers. Disable those if they're on and see what happens.

Thomas S likes this.
  4. Thomas S

None

Apr 27, 2011

It was before I installed ADW. ADW runs just fine, no problems since I've been using that. I will try the Home Switcher, thanks. I just mostly wanted to know if there is a way to fix the stock launcher or should I just ignore it.

5. redravenxo

redravenxo Member
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    If you're happy with ADW & don't have any need to use the stock launcher & it's not otherwise causing problems, I'd say just ignore it. Make sure ADW is set as your default launcher & it should just bypass the stock one. (I use Launcher Pro, personally, & am happy with it. Runs quite well for me & lets me do what I need to do.)

Afraid, I don't have any ideas on what might be wrong with your stock launcher & how to fix it - sorry.

Tags: