• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher Pro's "Dynamically Challanged" Problem: Solved

Launcher pro is honestly an amazing app he updates sooo much its insane and every time its such huge upgrades. You can make the dock bar look however you want with custom images for it tons on the forum to download and then the icons can all be customized on top of that. Then you can make the dock bar swipe to the left and right so you have multiple docks and ON TOP of that you can now do swipe gestures on each dock icon. Fro example I have my internet icon go to browser but if i swipe it it goes these forums. my appdrawer goes to show the notification bar if i swipe it, because I have it off on default looks really good the way I customized it without the ugly white bar.

Then theres the paid version with the best calendar widget i've ever used, the best contact widget I've ever used and the best bookmark one also and they're all resizeable! You can even re-size other widgets like my vlingo button or app aware or whatever you want it makes most apps resizeable.

Upvote 0
cap201008070057.jpg

Heres my LPP home btw

and some resized plus widgets...

cap2010080700571.jpg

cap2010080700572.jpg

Upvote 0
I just cannot get this to work...step 6 does not bring up an action for me... No matter what size I make the widget I cannot add anything to the widget...just says to make it larger but no size is good enough...

What's the tap to speak widget? And which calendar is that? Thanks!(in the posts above)

It's kind of buggy. Do this:

1. hold down on homescreen
2. choose widget
3. choose quick contact Moto widget
4. choose "Add Later"
5. resize widget to 1x1 (smallest possible size)
6. touch widget
7. choose action
8. touch close
9. make widget a little bigger
10. Touch widget where it says "+Add"
11. choose action
12. touch close
13. make widget a little bigger
14. Touch widget where it says "+Add"
15. choose action
16. touch close
17. etc

I hope this makes sense.

Upvote 0
At XDA, I found a skin for LP that looks more like the Sense UI Clock. Has anyone seen it? It's by one of our members. It free. It is as close to the sense as I've seen. It's not exact, so it probably avoids legal conflict, unlike FW. I'm thrilled with it. :) (the advertising banner and all is not on the actual widget, just the picture of it.)

xda-developers - View Single Post - "Official" Beautiful Widgets Skinning Thread Check it out.

Upvote 0
Nope, mine reboots fine. I didn't download it from his forums though, I got it through a Market update about an hr ago.

@John0821:
I don't keep them like that i make them smaller I just wanted to demonstrate that.

@Sjf:
I have the Beautiful widgets clock/weather on my home screen and I love it, I just dont have anything resized on my homescreen so i left that pic out ;)

@C0n57an71n3:
Here is a pic of them arranged vertically

cap201008062231.jpg

Hey! Off topic, but I hope that tapeworm clears up soon! They suck! :(

Upvote 0
I have been using this app since I got my phone and it's really fantastic. The scrolling dock icons are a great idea but the capper is the multi swipe on the dock icons.

I just bought the full version today. I don't even need to resize widgets but I felt compelled to support the developer especially since he lets you basically have it for free if you want. That alone is enough for me to want to pay for it.

Upvote 0
I just cannot get this to work...step 6 does not bring up an action for me... No matter what size I make the widget I cannot add anything to the widget...just says to make it larger but no size is good enough...

What's the tap to speak widget? And which calendar is that? Thanks!(in the posts above)

Calendar widget is from the paid version of launcher pro

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones