• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher Pro's "Dynamically Challanged" Problem: Solved

ericnail

Android Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2009
Alpharetta, GA
I don't know if there is a quicker/more responsive developer out there than Federico. He, as some of you know, claimed that "Blur" widgets would "Never be resizable by third party developers.".

Well, Now they are. Not only are Blur widgets resizeable, but ALL widgets are (Granted you have Plus).

Here are some pic's of my homescreens so you can see:
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/19/cap2010080621511.jpg

cap201008062151.jpg

cap201008062159.jpg
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8946/cap201008062159.jpg

I STRONGLY urge you to support this dev. if you use Launcher Pro. Even if the "Plus" features aren't anything special to you, he has been extemely responsive to his customers and very expediant.

Feel free to show your Launcher Pro Setup, and perhaps drop by the dev's site: LauncherPro

If you reboot, do they stay correctly formatted? Mine didn't using the build I got off Federico's forums. My email widgets forgot their names and accounts. My contact widgets looked all wrong (distorted until I resized it again).

Nope, mine reboots fine. I didn't download it from his forums though, I got it through a Market update about an hr ago.

@John0821:
I don't keep them like that i make them smaller I just wanted to demonstrate that.

@Sjf:
I have the Beautiful widgets clock/weather on my home screen and I love it, I just dont have anything resized on my homescreen so i left that pic out ;)

@C0n57an71n3:
Here is a pic of them arranged vertically

cap201008062231.jpg

Upvote 0
Nope, mine reboots fine. I didn't download it from his forums though, I got it through a Market update about an hr ago.

@John0821:
I don't keep them like that i make them smaller I just wanted to demonstrate that.

@Sjf:
I have the Beautiful widgets clock/weather on my home screen and I love it, I just dont have anything resized on my homescreen so i left that pic out ;)

@C0n57an71n3:
Here is a pic of them arranged vertically

cap201008062231.jpg

Very good, thank you. I just installed LP on my mom's phone and tried to add a quick contact and it wouldn't let me. It said I had to resize it to add more content. When I backed out, the widget was huge with two sections that said "Add." Upon clicking those, I was taken to the same screen and then told the same thing. I take it that's fixed in LPP?

This is from the latest version of LP, just downloaded from the market place.

Upvote 0
Very good, thank you. I just installed LP on my mom's phone and tried to add a quick contact and it wouldn't let me. It said I had to resize it to add more content. When I backed out, the widget was huge with two sections that said "Add." Upon clicking those, I was taken to the same screen and then told the same thing. I take it that's fixed in LPP?

This is from the latest version of LP, just downloaded from the market place.

Yeah, In LPP it does the same thing, however then you resize it how you want it and click on add and it allows you to add things (like in my pic)

Upvote 0
I just installed LP on my mom's phone and tried to add a quick contact and it wouldn't let me. It said I had to resize it to add more content. When I backed out, the widget was huge with two sections that said "Add." Upon clicking those, I was taken to the same screen and then told the same thing. I take it that's fixed in LPP?

It's kind of buggy. Do this:

1. hold down on homescreen
2. choose widget
3. choose quick contact Moto widget
4. choose "Add Later"
5. resize widget to 1x1 (smallest possible size)
6. touch widget
7. choose action
8. touch close
9. make widget a little bigger
10. Touch widget where it says "+Add"
11. choose action
12. touch close
13. make widget a little bigger
14. Touch widget where it says "+Add"
15. choose action
16. touch close
17. etc

I hope this makes sense.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones