1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Launcher question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thebryceee, Apr 15, 2012.

1. thebryceee

thebryceee Android Expert

If I move the Launcher I currently use to the system/app folder from the data/app folder, will there be any performance difference and can I get rid of the default launcher?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. FrenchToast

FrenchToast Well-Known Member

No performance difference, but it will become a system app, so yes you can delete your stock launcher. Make sure you have a backup to revert to just in case.

thebryceee likes this.
  3. marc12868

marc12868 Android Expert

you don't even need to move it to /system/app to delete the stock launcher. As long as another launcher is installed you can delete the stock one... Well you don't need another launcher, but it might be kind of hard to do anything without one :p.

4. bacterium

bacterium Lurker

Is this the same for the default messaging app? I use GOSMS, but when I reboot my phone I always have the default messaging icon telling me I have unread messages. Not a big deal, but a mild annoyance

5. FrenchToast

FrenchToast Well-Known Member

Yes it works the same.

6. Jaay Dogg

Jaay Dogg Android Expert

unless you're theming the launcher then it has to be a system app, My themed launcher has to be installed with the rom, if I try to install on my phone after the rom is installed it always says not installed & a forced install via root explorere is just asking for problems lol.​

7. dashard

dashard Lurker

As for the annoying notifications from the default messaging app, you should just launch it and turn off its notification preferences.

8. wigginst

wigginst Android Expert

I have a launcher pro question: how do I get the folders to show the apps on the home screen like in go launcher, ios etc rather than just looking like a Manila folder on the desktop? On brom and think lp might be quicker but not happy with the folder look (I seem to be a folder rather than widget type).

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews