1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Launcher questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by manesag, Dec 27, 2011.

1. manesag

manesag Well-Known Member

I have a few launcher questions
    First on tag launcher how do I remove the quick launch icons on the dock. Also what is the best sense UI launcher and is there a port of the hd2 launcher for android?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Splaktar

Splaktar Newbie

Sense only runs on HTC phones for the most part.

I've never used Tag Launcher, but I like Go Launcher a lot. I've also tried ADW and Launcher Pro.

Port for Android? Do you mean a port for the LG Esteem?

3. manesag

Hi thanks for replying. Now when I say HTC sense it can be run on any device cause Google said overlays can't have custom framework. Also I have an. Apk of a modded HTC sense Apk so that it can work with any device. My problem is is that when I install it it'll go then say application not installed. So I'm stuck. Now the hd2 launcher I would want it ported to all of android not just the esteem.
    And does anyone know how to get the motoblut launcher from the atrix. I have helauncher 2 but there's no features with it. I ttried getting the default motoblur launcher but I get the same error as before. I even tried it in system/apps but no joy.
    If not I want to try and make a custom rom ill base it off of sense and motoblur

4. Corootai

Corootai Member

from what i've seen from perosnal use i found that LP Sense is the closest thing you're going to get to having sense on a none htc device. it comes with alot of the widgets and whatnot. it uses Launcher pro, it's best to have launcher pro plus. but yeah it's very very nice.

LP Sense UI (1.5.0.3).apk

5. manesag

Heheh I know that launcher I have it myself. I found a post on xda that someone ported sense UI v1 without any dependencies. I would link the post but I'm not on my computer (on my esteem). I would install it but it says application not installed

6. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

you will have to purchase LP to use the LP sense.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews