1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Launcher Replacement Help

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by robstabspeople, Jun 27, 2011.

1. robstabspeople

None

Jun 27, 2011
    I am currently developing an android home launcher replacement. but i am having trouble with one specific part, so if you are a developer of this type of app or have experience in this subject, please message me so i can be helped.

Advertisement

2. robstabspeople

None

Jun 27, 2011
    i probably should have gave a little more info huh? well theres a part of one of the many guides ive been following that says this: "The draggable Android workspace with multiple screens is actually a ViewGroup containing multiple child views. Each of these child views is one screen which may contain icons, folders or widgets. A wallpaper is loaded onto the ViewGroup spanning multiple screens.

By default, our Android project’s main.xml file contains a TextView wrapped around by a LinearLayout. To continue building the gridded workspace, we shall replace the LinearLayout with a custom ViewGroup called Workspace"

So, from this it comes to my understanding that i am able to have only one homscreen, if wanted. Or I may have multiple homescreens. Well heres what i want: I want to take and remove all of these homscreens and leave one to remain. I then want to take the java code for a sphere, and somehow manipulate that into the homescreen, making the homescreen a sphere. I will not give further detail as to why because it will give away my ideas and they mayhap be stolen.