• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher that allows to drag and drop in drawer folders?

dorlow

Android Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2014
I want a launcher that has an app drawer that allows me to organize apps in folders. But, I want to be able to drag apps from the root of the app drawer into a folder in the app drawer. I'm trying nova launcher and a few others, but when I start to drag an app in the app drawer, it immediately throws you to the desktop or main screen to create a shortcut there.

I want a launcher that has an app drawer that allows me to organize apps in folders. But, I want to be able to drag apps from the root of the app drawer into a folder in the app drawer. I'm trying nova launcher and a few others, but when I start to drag an app in the app drawer, it immediately throws you to the desktop or main screen to create a shortcut there.
in your app drawer, find the nova settings (you will need to pay for nova prime to get this feature unlocked i believe)....in nova settings find app drawer>scroll down to drawer groups>make sure the folders tab is selected>hit the + button in the right corner>type in the folder name>select the folder you just name>and then you should see a list of apps you can put into the folder.

i know it seems like a lot of steps compared to just dragging and dropping apps together, but it works.

Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0
in your app drawer, find the nova settings (you will need to pay for nova prime to get this feature unlocked i believe)....in nova settings find app drawer>scroll down to drawer groups>make sure the folders tab is selected>hit the + button in the right corner>type in the folder name>select the folder you just name>and then you should see a list of apps you can put into the folder.

i know it seems like a lot of steps compared to just dragging and dropping apps together, but it works.

Yeah I paid for prime. I know how to do it with nova. Samsung one ui works the way I like. But, I'm switching to a pixel 5. So, I figure there has to be a similar launcher that is universally available.

Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0
nokha Launcher is a lightweight and fast Launcher that allows you to customize all aspects of your phone. You can add all your important contacts and apps directly into your Home screen with a simple drag and drop. You can also protect Apps, Contacts and Folders by setting access PIN for the specific App, Contact or Folder. Opening a protected App or Contact will require the PIN. You can also personalize the phone by having as many widgets as you want and have them open on demand by.
Aakil Working at Active Noon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones