• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Launcher

Saera

Jun 6, 2011
Ok i was in a corporate cricket store today and i was doing an insurance claim because of a 3 year old and some water with my phone. Well while i was in there i had Launcher Go Ex on the phone and girl was like "i just wanted to let you know your launcher voids your manufacturers warranty" and i was highly confused because i was always told it was NOT and it was only rooting that voided the warranty.

I've been in a similar situation myself with my toddler, orange juice and a laptop!

No need to be confused, I'm 99.99% sure she's talking rubbish! I can only imagine she believes you need root to use Launchers? I can't imagine why installing an app that does nothing more than add a GUI to the phone would void the warranty.

Reactions: PolicyWonk
Upvote 0
Thanks ! I just..i've been having problems before the water, i had 2 factory resets because they assumed i had viruses from apps and that was causing my phone to restart all the time at random intervals. so i finally went there and was like '...new phone...now..' but..l...i'm kinda afraid to re use go launcher ex because i just dont want it to restart the restarting.

Upvote 0
What it is, is Cricket and Metro both discontinued the Ascend. So it makes it not as easy as going in the back room and handing you a new one. I know people that went in and the store told them they would have to get the M835, I know people that went in adn were told they'd have to upgrade and pay the difference and I know people that went in and they actually ordered them a new Ascend. Chaning the home launcher voids nothing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones