• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro 7.9/Apps Organizer/Folder Organizer Incompatible?

I'm using Smart Shortcut, which works in the same way, and am not having issues, but it has an option to load it's folder links as widgets which seems more stable to me than the shortcuts option, you can't put these in the dock but if you are looking for this sort of functionality that apparently is an option that works.

Upvote 0
ok, if I did something, swicthed the number of rows in LP forging a reboot, and when I did that Smart Shortcut popped up once LP quit, and I was able to change my settings. So for anyone having issues, one possibility would be just to quit LP while you edit the settings.

One other thing with LP: I set my screen to show 5 columns, and now when I view a folder (built in not FolderOrganizer etc) it shows it in only 4 of the 5 rows. This is sort of cool bug though, because it makes for quick 'tabbed browsing' in a way, just put the folder icons in that last right-side column that doesn't show the folder when opened, then you can switch through those folders like they were tabs.

Upvote 0
I have Launcher Pro, use with Folder Organizer and seems to work fine (on a Droid), other than a general sluggishness, which I'm not sure what to blame (have Apps loading 210 out of 261 MB, also use QuickDesk and Quick Settings. The combo makes everything easily accessible, but, as I said, I pay a price in responsiveness). This may also be a Droid issue, which I think has too little memory and the processor is slow. Being able to put some apps on SD is an improvement, though. (2.2)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones