• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro and/or Beautiful Widgets?

amheck

Sep 26, 2010
FL
Hey guys, just got my first Android phone today - a Captivate. I've been doing some reading and think I might want to try out Launcher Pro (the paid version?) and Beautiful Widgets. I just want to make sure there wasn't a whole lot of overlap in these two products.

Do they work well together? Do most of you run both of them at the same time? This could be a pretty silly question as I totally not even sure what exactly both of these apps do. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't any problems running both of them.

Thanks in advance!

I have LP+ and BW running, never an issue though I have read where others have had them - none on this end. I cant recommend LP+ enough. Its good stuff.

I think its worth every penny and Fede deserves the support if you enjoy the free version. The future builds are surely going to increase the price.. He seems to be re-writing it from scratch :)

BW is nice and I like the small weather widget. Plenty to choose from in terms of skins. Also don't forget, if you buy them and do not like them for any reason you have 24 hours to refund them....

GL

Upvote 0
So what do you get out of the paid version of LP that you dont get from the free one?

I know you get a few widgets and the ability to resize them, but there has to be something else right?

Dock popups (missed calls, sms, bookmarks) along with what you have already said above. Also do not forget the warm fuzzy feeling of supporting the dev. :)

I look forward to anything Fede releases in the future

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones