• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro Beta: leading the pack

C

Cupajo

LauncherPro is, by far, the best home-screen app on the market. It's very fast (even on a non-overclocked phone). It's very deep, offering many option for customization. It's heavily supported (Federico Carnales releases frequent updates that don't just fix minor bugs, but also add new options for customization). Downsides: It is a bit of a battery hog (all that eye candy comes at a price, I guess). And there are (VERY) occasional problems with force-close or 'Problems Loading Widget' errors, but these problems are very rare and can usually be resolved with a quick press of the power button to put the phone to sleep and another to wake it up, forcing LauncherPro to reload. All in all, this is exactly the home-screen replacement I've been looking for since I bought my Moto Droid in November. It's a must have.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones