• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro Beta: Welcomed Change of Scenery

T

trisdenc

Whether you are obsessed with customization or just looking for a change of "scenery", the LauncherPro (Beta v0.4.4 as of this review) is the app for you. LauncherPro is a home app replacement. With this app you are in control of your visual environment in a variety of ways from choosing how many home screens you want to use to how your app drawer appears. LauncherPro has easily become one of the best home replacement apps I have seen in a while. I have been using this app as my default launcher for a week now and have had no issues with speed or lag time when returning to the home screen. (Screenshots after the review)

The latest version of LauncherPro allows you to turn on or off elastic scrolling effects on the home screen, enabling or disabling the app drawer animation as well as changing the speed in which the app drawer opens. So if you want a more visually pleasing experience or don't care much for delicious eye candy and want pure speed, you have the choice.

Another addition to the list of improvements is the dock found at the bottom of your home screen. The dock allows you to put four shortcuts of your choice along the bottom of your screen. You can choose to use the default icon, use a custom icon, or chose from a few icons provided by LauncherPro. You now have the option between four different background skins for the dock, two of which are inspired by froyo, one that is similar to the OSX dock or no background at all so your icons just float at the bottom of the screen.

Lastly there is a handy feature for uninstalling apps. If you grab a shortcut and hold it over the trashcan you will have an option to uninstall that app.

Well enough reading, let these screenshots do the talking.

lpreview.png

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones