• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro disabling when I hit Home key

cjt20one

Aug 23, 2010
CT
Hi all, having an issue with Launcher Pro. I've got an EVO.

Whenever I hit the Home key (the hard button) my EVO resorts back to the stock launcher/home screen. I have set it as the default via Home Switcher and it still has the Home key bug. Everything else works fine with LP as far as I can tell.

I have tried un/reinstalling the app. I have restarted my phone and the 'Home Switcher' app doesn't offer any relief. Don't know what else to try at this point. Any ideas?

When you have LP installed go to Settings>Applications?Manage application>Menu>Filter>All and find the HTC version of home launcher. Go into the HTC home launcher and click on 'clear defaults'.

Press the home key and you should get a pop up which app you want to use to complete the action with a checkbox at the bottom of the pop up.

If you put a checkmark in the checkbox and then choose LP it should make it the default home app.

Reactions: cjt20one
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones