• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro Discoveries

i am currently using LP with some custom Icons...however I would love to use the default UI for a while...here is the problem I run into...

I use the Homeswitcher app and turn the motoblur as my default UI...the phone then proceeds to the motoblur UI...however, when I press the Home key, it goes back to LP...

Is there a way I can stop that from happening with out uninstalling LP?

Upvote 0
I don't think so. It's the Blur launcher's fault too, since it doesn't seem to associate itself with the home button the way LauncherPro does. There's no option to set it as the default launcher, which is different from the stock Android launcher the Droid used.

EDIT: actually, perhaps if you changed the behavior of the home button in LauncherPro's settings to do nothing, then it would stay on the Blur launcher! Let me know if that works.

Upvote 0
I don't think so. It's the Blur launcher's fault too, since it doesn't seem to associate itself with the home button the way LauncherPro does. There's no option to set it as the default launcher, which is different from the stock Android launcher the Droid used.

EDIT: actually, perhaps if you changed the behavior of the home button in LauncherPro's settings to do nothing, then it would stay on the Blur launcher! Let me know if that works.

Thank you for posting your appbrain. I got a few great things out of it, primarily Startup Mgr. I now have a LOT more working available memory, now that I'm using it. :)

Upvote 0
Install it from app market and hit the home button. The option touse it will come up
It is like stock but much faster, 7 screens, dock bar with 15 slots(press and hold spot on dock to switch app), also add extra row of icons. Go to LauncherPro for more.An app called Home Switcher is a.good way to swotch home screen alternatives

So there's a lot of talk about home switcher in this launcherpro thread.

Is this run on top of launcherpro? Where can one find skins for launcherpro?

Upvote 0
This is what I'm worried about: if I download his app from the computer, paying the 2.99 or whatever, won't I not receive future updates on my phone like other apps downloaded from the market get?

He can place free things on the market so if he can come up with a licence key type system he can place the updates in the market. But for now you'll probably be notified and have to download from his website.

Upvote 0
If you turn up the memory usage to 'high', you will find that everything operates much smoother.

I have 7 screens filled, using high quality scrolling, 3d app drawer, and nothing lags. It's pretty awesome. I made a little vid as a demonstration.

The audio level is so low, idk why, because it played back so loud on my Droid after I recorded it :thinking:

YouTube - LauncherPro Beta on Motorola Droid X - Tips for a smoother experience

How were you able to keep the Moto App Drawer icon? I like it better than the LP icon, but I can't find it anywhere. Also, I think the DX would look better with slightly larger icons in the dock do you know the maximum size we can use?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I've installed (and paid for) LauncherPro and LauncherPro Plus. I have set up my 7 screens where I like them using Grid Calendar, Grid Message and other widgets and stuff.

My problem is that my Droid X is a slow as molasses! I can't swipe screens unless I try two or three times. It takes for ever to change screens and some even stop in the middle of a swipe.

What's going on here? I have all the settings set to maximum memory!

Help!

Upvote 0
I've installed (and paid for) LauncherPro and LauncherPro Plus. I have set up my 7 screens where I like them using Grid Calendar, Grid Message and other widgets and stuff.

My problem is that my Droid X is a slow as molasses! I can't swipe screens unless I try two or three times. It takes for ever to change screens and some even stop in the middle of a swipe.

What's going on here? I have all the settings set to maximum memory!

Help!

Did you remove all the widgets from the stock launcher before starting launcher pro? Do you have scrolling speed set to 100? Do you have a ton of programs running? I have never heard of launcher pro running so slowly. Perhaps you should try ADW and see if that works better for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones