• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro Discoveries

I didn't remove the widgets from my stock launcher before installing LauncherPro. A previous poster said this could cause a performance hit. Is this true? It's the reason I wanted to switch back to the stock launcher temporarily.

It could be true. Before I installed LP I removed everything from the stock home screens, I figured it wouldn't hurt and I had no plans to go back to the stock launcher.

Upvote 0
I'll try that. Every time I boot, LP is lighting fast, 30 minutes later it lags, badly
.. Stock launcher feels smoother compare to LP. I even tried to freeze stock in Titanium, but it didn't help

It could be true. Before I installed LP I removed everything from the stock home screens, I figured it wouldn't hurt and I had no plans to go back to the stock launcher.

Upvote 0
How do I get this App Drawer icon with LauncherPro? I prefer it over the cube. I've tried holding down on the icon, and choosing App Drawer. I'm not able to get it using Default Icon or LauncherPro Icons.

Edit: I see others have asked this already, and that a custom theme needs to be loaded. If someone manages to get a copy of the Motorola app drawer icon couldn't we just use the "custom icon" choice? I want to avoid installing HomeSwitcher.

I got the default Moto app drawer icon to work in LauncherPro. I've attached the PNG to this post. Copy it to your SD card, hold down on the App Drawer icon, choose App Drawer, choose Custom Icon, choose All Pictures, select Motorola Icon.

Attachments

• Moto App Drawer.png
    Moto App Drawer.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 819
Reactions: jerbeck24
Upvote 0
I downloaded MultiTask Manager yesterday and one of the apps that seems to be constantly running in the background is Moto's Home. Since I have LPP, I figured why keep that one going - KILL...bad move. Don't kill Moto's Home app. It gave me a black screen and nothing responded...but after a minute or so, the phone said, "What the hell do you think you're doing, idiot!??! You can't disable that!!!" and came back to life! Whew!!!!! LPP is lagging though and it's starting to get annoying. I even tried to remove the Moto widgets and uninstalled ADW. Might have to go back to Moto's home :(

Upvote 0
I freeze moto home with Titanium and have no problem.
@Airmax: I did uninstall LP, then rebooted, then reinstalled, then rebooted again, and now seems to work just fine for two days in row.
Thanks for tip :)
I downloaded MultiTask Manager yesterday and one of the apps that seems to be constantly running in the background is Moto's Home. Since I have LPP, I figured why keep that one going - KILL...bad move. Don't kill Moto's Home app. It gave me a black screen and nothing responded...but after a minute or so, the phone said, "What the hell do you think you're doing, idiot!??! You can't disable that!!!" and came back to life! Whew!!!!! LPP is lagging though and it's starting to get annoying. I even tried to remove the Moto widgets and uninstalled ADW. Might have to go back to Moto's home :(

Reactions: mahers
Upvote 0
mine was slow, and I don't know what I did, and but it's smoother today. I went from 7 screens to 3 last night so that may have done it. if I wanted to uninstall LPP and put it back, how can I save my settings and widget setup?

On your homescreen hit the menu button > preferences > then at the bottom or in advance settings (can't remember sorry) it should have an option to save settings or back up settings.

Upvote 0
mine was slow, and I don't know what I did, and but it's smoother today. I went from 7 screens to 3 last night so that may have done it. if I wanted to uninstall LPP and put it back, how can I save my settings and widget setup?

You can't save your widgets but you can save all of your LPP settings. Menu>preferences>backup home screens & settings.

Upvote 0
I got the default Moto app drawer icon to work in LauncherPro. I've attached the PNG to this post. Copy it to your SD card, hold down on the App Drawer icon, choose App Drawer, choose Custom Icon, choose All Pictures, select Motorola Icon.

How do I move this file to my photos album? After I dl it to my SD card, it does not show up in any albums.

Upvote 0
I was using the 3d App Drawer, but I seem to accidentally open apps while I'm scrolling through it. Even if I just flick it sometimes. I turned it off for now, even though it does look sweet.

I've been having the same problem. Every time I try to stop the drawer from scrolling it selects an app. Turned it off for now unfortunately. Not sure how everyone can use it without being annoyed by this.

Upvote 0
how are you guys scrolling quickly from the far left screen to 7 screens over to the far right? i have the pinch to zoom and then select but this is annoying and is sometimes too sensitivte or doesn't work properly... I know the home button cuts the time in half but still althought I hate motoblur I liked that feature with the dots... I see that launchre pro has the bottom dock screen change shortcut but this is only to go 1 screen over... any ideas?

Upvote 0
how are you guys scrolling quickly from the far left screen to 7 screens over to the far right? i have the pinch to zoom and then select but this is annoying and is sometimes too sensitivte or doesn't work properly... I know the home button cuts the time in half but still althought I hate motoblur I liked that feature with the dots... I see that launchre pro has the bottom dock screen change shortcut but this is only to go 1 screen over... any ideas?

I believe what you've said is the only way to do it.

Upvote 0
so i have launcherpro (apparently) is a 4 colored X that i see my app list with. has 4 mini buttons 2 on either side. i was windering if there is a way to remap the browser button to launch SkyFire instead of the stock browser?

if i change skyfire to promary browser with that work? pressing the launcherpro shortcut in my applist just takes me to my home screen

Edit for info: the reason i am not sure is because i got this on an SDX theme i put on my custom ROM. maybe i dont have the full version?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones