• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro has disappeared from my Droid?

I just discovered something very strange. I had installed LauncherPro from the Market a couple of weeks ago to try it out on my Moto Droid, and was able to run it by selecting its icon from my list of apps in my app drawer. I recently downloaded an update for it, and now it no longer shows up in my app drawer. If I go to Settings:Applications:Manage Applications it shows LauncherPro as being installed... However, it is nowhere to be found. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it twice using Manage Applications, but to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a problem with LauncherPro or my phone? None of my other installed applications have icons that have disappeared like this before, fwiw.

Thanks in advance-

I just received a reply in another forum that stated that this was intentional, reason being most launcher programs do not display icons... If this is the case, how do you run them initially if you can't select them from your apps? Is there a system setting on the Droid that allows you to choose between launcher app options? Thanks for the help... I'm still a noob with Android stuff. :)

Upvote 0
On mine if I press the home button, it asks me if I want to use the launcher or launcher pro. Alternately, you can use HomeSwitcher to specify which launcher to use as the default.

Sent from my Nexus One

Thanks-

I ended up installing Home Switcher and I'm able to toggle between them now. In older versions, it used to also give me the option of choosing either launcher as default, but for whatever reason I'm not given that choice anymore.

Thanks again-

Upvote 0
Thanks-

I ended up installing Home Switcher and I'm able to toggle between them now. In older versions, it used to also give me the option of choosing either launcher as default, but for whatever reason I'm not given that choice anymore.

Thanks again-

You just need to go to manage applications and clear defaults in all Home apps you have there. This prompt which one to use will reappear then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones