• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

launcherpro? hc launcher stinks. and no kb on search boxes

I have this nice widescreen tablet, yet the hc launcher limits me to a 4:3 screen when placing widgets and apps.don't need 1/2" margins to flip through screens. So I went to dl launcherpro and can't seem to find it in the app store, just the + key.

I'm assuming it's not compatible with hc yet?

And every time I try to use the 'search forum' box and try to type, the keyboard disappears. Pain in the butt and happens in multiple browsers.

And why does email still suck? No options to do anything like show pictures by default. Still no push, and gmail is a separate entity and of course done a ton better. This is 3.x and it's still far from being a smartphone OS in regards to the basics one took for granted in Palm and WinMob. Sorry, quick rant over.

And does anyone notice when you choose android keyboard it asks you to choose the Asus one for compatibility reaasons with the dock? Well if the asus soft keyboard was any good, I wouldn't want to choose the Honeycomb one. And if that's the case, Asus need to separate out the functionality of the soft and hard keyboards so if people want to use something else, there aren't issues. I had a real keyboard slowdown when i was using the honeycomb keyboard on the tablet and then later docked and went to the hard keyboard. Had to restart

Not having a Transformer (but still wanting one!), a quick Google search brings up some tips about LP on the Xoom. It looks like it hasn't been optimized for HC, but can be sideloaded. Sounds like most folks really like the functionality of it vs. the stock launcher. Looks like you just need to google for the launcher pro .apk and you should have it. Not sure if you're able to update to Plus (for using on my Droid, the widgets are worth it), but give it a shot.
Also check out this thread for some tips and screenshots on the Xoom (I assume it's the same on the TF)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=976014

Reactions: dbpaddler
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones