• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LauncherPro Home Screen Failures

phxtopdog

Lurker
Jan 30, 2011
Hi, all. Firstly, I attempted to locate an appropriate thread to post this to, but wasn't finding anything that seemed right and I want to get this out there. I've only had my Samsung Epic 4G for 1 week today. Before that, I had a Samsung Moment for about one year, so I'm not a total novice to the Android OS. I had been using LauncherPro on my Moment for several months with good results so I downloaded it to the Epic. The issue I encountered happened on the 5th day of use. I had it set to use 3 screens. I had successfully been able to add shortcuts or widgets to screens 1 and 3, screen 2 was my default Home screen. For some reason I couldn't determine, I eventually lost the ability to add additional shortcuts or widgets to the extra screens. The pop-up menu wouldn't even appear when long-pressing on the screen. It would give haptic feedback, though, but no menu. Screen 2 functioned normally. I tried everything I could think of to get it to work, but no luck. Finally I uninstalled LauncherPro and then confirmed that functionality had been restored to screens 1 and 3. I then downloaded LauncherPro again and so far it's working perfectly - I've been able to add/delete shortcuts and widgets as needed. My theory is that some other app that I downloaded, or some setting I changed while playing with my new device, hosed that part of LauncherPro for screens 1 and 3, but I don't know what the real culprit is. If anyone else has encountered this and fixed it, please reply. I'd like to know in case this happens again! Thanks! (Loving my Epic! BTW, I got the Epic when I had to return an EVO that was one of those with the rebooting problems!)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones