• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro Plus

I don't ever remember being able to set the order that contacts appear. However, you can select the contact group you wish to display. The only way to currently do this is to delete the current widget and add it again. Select the size and then the group to display.

Kratos

Yeah, I've redone that a bunch of times hoping I was doing something wrong. Perhaps I'm just crazy. But I'm sure I saw it somewhere.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I've redone that a bunch of times hoping I was doing something wrong. Perhaps I'm just crazy. But I'm sure I saw it somewhere.

If you find it, let me know. I would love to put that to use. I always have to scroll just to get to my girlfriend's info because her name starts with a "v".

The new update was just released and I'm still trying to figure out what use the Activities Shortcuts would really have for me.

Kratos

Upvote 0
My intent is not to take this thread too far off track but just out of curiosity, how many of you guys will be keeping launcherpro after the official roll out of (a stable version of) froyo?

I really love launcherpro, but with 2.2 just around the corner, I'm wrestling with the whole "do I really need it?" thing.

Upvote 0
My intent is not to take this thread too far off track but just out of curiosity, how many of you guys will be keeping launcherpro after the official roll out of (a stable version of) froyo?

I really love launcherpro, but with 2.2 just around the corner, I'm wrestling with the whole "do I really need it?" thing.

I'd never give up LP for stock launcher. LP is much faster for me, more features, deeper options, and the LPP widgets are awesome. Not to mention the breakneck pace at which Fede is developing this thing...I dont see how you could go back to stock.

Upvote 0
If you find it, let me know. I would love to put that to use. I always have to scroll just to get to my girlfriend's info because her name starts with a "v".

The new update was just released and I'm still trying to figure out what use the Activities Shortcuts would really have for me.

Kratos

lol

That's why I want to change it. My g/f's first initial is "T". I'd like to change that before she realizes that she's last on that list.

Upvote 0

Kratos

Kratos, I am a total noob at this sort of thing, but I put my three people I call a lot in direct dial slots in the dock. Then calling them is always two presses.

Is there a cool guy reason not to do that? I would think Virginia or Valerie would deserve a spot on your dock. Especially if you have a nice "contact" picture

:)

How many use Goto in conjunction with LauncherPro? I am digging the combo a lot.

I am not running Plus as yet.

Upvote 0
Kratos, I am a total noob at this sort of thing, but I put my three people I call a lot in direct dial slots in the dock. Then calling them is always two presses.

Is there a cool guy reason not to do that? I would think Virginia or Valerie would deserve a spot on your dock. Especially if you have a nice "contact" picture

:)

How many use Goto in conjunction with LauncherPro? I am digging the combo a lot.

I am not running Plus as yet.

Thanks for that. I actually have a speed dial shortcut for her in my main homescreen. I like that the people widget lets me quickly and easily access things like facebook status updates, email, sms, etc.

I have not used Goto. In fact, I have never even heard of Goto. What is it? What does it do?

Kratos

Upvote 0
Kratos,
I guess the official name is "GOTO Lockscreen" and it is a...lockscreen.

It is $2.99 on the market. I preferred the way my iPhone operated on opening and the stock Droid methods didn't thrill me, but when I started looking at going to an iPhone style I saw GOTO and I REALLY like it a lot.

It provides limited music controls on the outside of your unlock pattern along with a clock function and weather. I find it is much cleaner (particularly if you do not use an unlock pattern) to quickly access the phone, Gmail or SMS.

I switched to GOTO and then to LauncherPro, and the combination makes me feel like I have an entirely new and better phone.

Upvote 0
Kratos,
I guess the official name is "GOTO Lockscreen" and it is a...lockscreen.

It is $2.99 on the market. I preferred the way my iPhone operated on opening and the stock Droid methods didn't thrill me, but when I started looking at going to an iPhone style I saw GOTO and I REALLY like it a lot.

It provides limited music controls on the outside of your unlock pattern along with a clock function and weather. I find it is much cleaner (particularly if you do not use an unlock pattern) to quickly access the phone, Gmail or SMS.

I switched to GOTO and then to LauncherPro, and the combination makes me feel like I have an entirely new and better phone.

Gotcha. Thanks. I haven't been much of a fan of lock screen replacements. Mainly because I've heard that they can easily be bypassed with the home button.

Anyways, I may try it out if there is a free version to test.

Thanks,
Kratos

Upvote 0
With GOTO there were a couple of settings that one has to be certain to set but once they are properly assigned you cannot by bypass the unlock pattern despite what some of the critics have said.

This is true on 2.1 at least.

I am a non-rooted Moto Droid.

When I first installed I found I could bypass the unlock but there were two settings that had to be set that solved that.

I do not believe there is anyway to bypass anything now and I have tried.

They don't have a free version but of course you get an automatic refund on any Apps you uninstall within 24 hours of purchase so it really can work out about the same unless you need more than a day to try it.

I am trying to decide if I NEED the upgrade to LancherPro plus. I currently like LauncherPro just as it is.

Upvote 0
With GOTO there were a couple of settings that one has to be certain to set but once they are properly assigned you cannot by bypass the unlock pattern despite what some of the critics have said.

This is true on 2.1 at least.

I am a non-rooted Moto Droid.

When I first installed I found I could bypass the unlock but there were two settings that had to be set that solved that.

I do not believe there is anyway to bypass anything now and I have tried.

They don't have a free version but of course you get an automatic refund on any Apps you uninstall within 24 hours of purchase so it really can work out about the same unless you need more than a day to try it.

I am trying to decide if I NEED the upgrade to LancherPro plus. I currently like LauncherPro just as it is.

First, LP+ is starting to get non-widget features that are only available to plus users.

Second, even if you don't feel a need to upgrade, you can always support the dev by purchasing a license for LP+.

I would highly suggest LP+, even if you don't feel the need for the widgets. Fede has some good ideas and suggestions for non-widget, LP+ only features to be seen in the future.

Kratos

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones