1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

LauncherPro updates?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by QueenPendragon, Sep 19, 2011.

1. QueenPendragon

None

Apr 12, 2011
    Is LauncherPro ever going to be updated again? I've heard good things about it, but am reluctant to try it since it hasn't been updated since May. I have Go Launcher atm, and it's not all that bad, though. Neither was ADW, really...I don't have a huge preference like some seem to.

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

Launcher pro was smooth, but its more difficult to customize compared to Go. I've tried it and went back to Go. The only thing I can say good about Launcher pro was that it had a better looking leap view and a nice effect for the app drawer.

I've managed to set up my Go Launcher app drawer to look like it so its ok now, and with the latest update, Go Launcher is very smooth on my phone.

LP also had this forcing close issue on my phone.

3. nnamcha

nnamcha Newbie
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    My batery prefere zeam or adw a lot more than go launcher!

4. Sycobob

Sycobob Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Physicist
    Tallahassee, FL
    I recently joined the Android community and tried ADW, Go Launcher, and LauncherPro. I like LP best, but they're all pretty close and it comes down to personal preference. I think the built in icons and dock for LP look much better. Of the three LP had the smoothest scrolling on the app drawer (the others like to stick for just a second when you reach the end). One of the others didn't have real homescreen looping either. The bounce looping looks terrible imo. The only thing I'd want updated on LP is the dock notification system. It doesn't clear notification bubbles unless you launch the app from the dock.

Just try the free versions of each and see which you like best.