• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Launchers/home screen replacements?

Anyone using a different launcher or home screen replacement? I downloaded Netfront Life but our screen resolution is not supported...yet!

I'm wondering if another replacements work yet, such as LauncherPro? And is it really worth switching? If I do try it, how do you switch back to the factory launcher?

Also, on a side note...what clock widget is this? I love it but can't find it!
snap20101118_094726-337x600.png

Reactions: RocketFoot
Upvote 0
Well, I tried them all out and settled on GoLauncherEx for now...I still like the interface on the NetFront Life launcher but no good without support for our resolution! I chose GoLauncher because it has a cool shortcut bar at the bottom that is highly customizable and swipes from page to page like your home screens!

Upvote 0
I use Zeam Launcher. Very lightweight, simple launcher app. Not alot of fancy frills, but still highly customizable. Has a dock, choice of number of screens, can dictate rows/columns for home screen, uninstall apps from drawer, etc. Suits my needs quite well. Then again, I'm a sucker for simplicity.
Sounds good! I'm the opposite though...I tend to like power sucking, app lagging fancy stuff...LOL!

Upvote 0
haha...I can't make my mind up! I also bought AWDex Launcher and it is nice with animated page transitions...but I really like the scrolling shortcut bar on the GoLauncher! Right now, I have them both installed but GoLauncher is set to default at the moment...that could still change! LOL

Android might not be good for me, I'm too indecisive! :D

Upvote 0
One question for the Zeamers...is there a way to include the dots found in the OEM launcher that move you from screen to screen?

The dots are at the top and autohide but you can see the screen indicator when you scroll through the screens. If you double-tap the home screen it brings uo a preview of all your screens and you can select which screen to go to. Much better than scrolling back and forth. To return to your default screen, just hit the home button

Reactions: TVCCS
Upvote 0
One other question about Zeam...where is the Notifications info for mounting and unmounting the USB card? Thanks again.

The notification bar is an Android thing, not a launcher thing. When you plug the phone into the USB you should get the little bug in the notification bar. swipe it down and select it and you'll get the option to mount the usb as storage.

Upvote 0
I think Launcher Pro is programmed to default to landscape unless there is a definite want for vertical. It flops it into landscape readily, but not vertical. I don't think it's a lag issue, I think it's just that way on purpose.

Still one of the better, and most customizable launchers out there. I like Zeam a lot a well, but I like the ability to change the look easily in Launcher Pro.

Netfront looks awesome!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones