• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Launchers on Galaxy S3

johnnylighton,

Couldn't agree with you more, regarding Nova's power.

Regarding the TW setup:
I first install Nova on my S2, right after ICS upgrade. Cost me lots of restoring. So before I set up Nova Prime on my new S3 and Note 2, I got the "Desk Migrate" app, which copy entire TW icons, shortcuts and widgets, as well as I did backups of widgets themselves, along with Nova backup. The restoring on brand new device, took literally less than 3 min.
Many of these backups are stored in DATA folder, or corresponding widget folders, which I just copy paste from one phone to another.

Upvote 0
I'm using Nova launcher, I have no problem with the speed of touchwiz.

However the layout sucks.

Touchwiz looks good everything changes to stock, if you want it let me know, you have to be rooted to flash this launcher.

picsay-1353429244.jpg

Upvote 0
I've tried a few of these launchers and none of them can reassign the long press of the home button that causes the task manager to appear. I dont mind that its a task manager, I just hate the fact that it can bypass apps that I have locks on and show a brief preview of apps that are running. Why not just list the apps out instead of actually showing the activity. This is a major flaw on the GS3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones