• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launchers. Your opinion, SBP SHELL 3d

Hey Guys,

Just looking for some information on SPB Shell 3D.

I have seen it in the market, but begrudged paying ten pound for something I don't know if works well.

It had mix reviews in the market, so I APK'd it, just to test it, but that was not working properly and as soon as I pressed the home button on my phone it would un-install the launcher.

While using it though I did notice that if I wanted to put my GO SMS app in the dock in place of the stock messenger, the list would freeze, not the phone, just the list. So I couldn't change that. It was small things like that, which worries me about paying ten pounds. I do love the interface, I love the widgets that come with it.

I know on certain phones, some app's don't work well at all. But since getting the SGS 2 every single app I have got. Has worked well. So debating weather this is the first app that might not work well for me.

So basically I want to know, if downloading the market version will result in the same issues as the APK version. If so, any other good looking launchers worth trying?

only had it for a few days but I love it so far. If you have a high end phone it's optimized to be quite smooth but I hear it can be a pig on less brawny phones. It still lacks some of the customization options of other popular free launchers but makes up for it in innovation and there's still room to grow. Overpriced? I agree. But really, it amounts to a few cups of coffee in the grand scheme of things

Upvote 0
You really need a 1ghz cpu or higher to run it smoothly but I have had it for a while and love it. I run it in tablet mode most the time, it is the best launcher I have ever used, very well put together and I've never had any issues with force closing or anything like that as is reported on the market. I think many of the market reviews are from people who have phones that are not powerful enough to run SPB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones