1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Launchers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by telemike, Nov 29, 2010.

1. telemike

telemike Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    I've tried both ADW and Launcherpro and ended going back to the stock LG/Sprint ID one. I did not notice any speed increases and on ADW I did not like the trash can being at the top of the screen.

The LG launcher on the other carrier versions is intriguing and I wonder if it is available for the S?

Advertisement

2. MarylandBill

MarylandBill Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Aren't there other advantages to ADW and Launcherpro over the stock Sprint ID launcher? Specifically I am thinking about allowing up to 7 screens...

--
    Bill

3. jinwons

jinwons Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    OC, CA
    If your phone doesn't lag much, you wouldn't notice much difference in speed with other launchers. But as you add more apps, Launcher Pro or ADW would help to reduce lags as they manage the screen memory resources more efficiently. Also you get more options to customize your screens with other launchers.

4. K4KAI

K4KAI Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Finally Retired
    Reno, Nevada
    I, too tried Launcher Pro and ADW. Then I learned about ZEAM which is a free APP. I like ZEAM, it is not as configurable as Launcher Pro, but for me, it is the best one, and the price is right.

5. leglace

leglace Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Division Manager - Architecture Dept.
    Tampa, Florida
    Just installed launcher pro for my wife. It's free, unless you are talking about launcher pro plus. I dug into the settings and was very impressed. This launcher has some great options. I find the scrolling to now be comparable to my EVO. It has 3 settings. I like the elastic scrolling best. I consider this app a must have.