• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lava Xolo x900 vs Motorola Atrix 2

flamereaper

Dec 27, 2009
Hello Everybody!

I'm finally getting a new phone now in India. :adore::adore:. I would love to have your opinion on what to buy. I have narrowed it down to

1) Motorola Atrix 2 - Rs 22000(~$425)

Pros: Good reviews, Good Battery Life, Micro-Sd slot, Trusted Brand

Cons: Not the newest phone, No nfc

2) Lava Xolo x900 - Rs 23000(~440)

Pros: Anandtech gave it a good review, powerful intel processor, high DPI screen,Intel reference design, camera can take 10 shots in 1sec:eek:

Cons:In India Lava is sort of a low end phone brand and is new to smartphone market, battery life is probably not that good, only 16gb built in storage, no micro sd :)confused: Why? Lava Why?), kinda looks like an Iphone ripoff

3)Or i could wait till July so that my friend buys me Galaxy Nexus or Sony Xperia S for around $500

I have a budget of around 25000 rs (~500$). I am inclined to buy a atrix 2 with a strontium 32gb class 10 micro sd card and case and scratchcard with that money.

So guys what do you think i should do?

Hello Everybody!

I'm finally getting a new phone now in India. :adore::adore:. I would love to have your opinion on what to buy. I have narrowed it down to

1) Motorola Atrix 2 - Rs 22000(~$425)

Pros: Good reviews, Good Battery Life, Micro-Sd slot, Trusted Brand

Cons: Not the newest phone, No nfc

2) Lava Xolo x900 - Rs 23000(~440)

Pros: Anandtech gave it a good review, powerful intel processor, high DPI screen,Intel reference design, camera can take 10 shots in 1sec:eek:

Cons:In India Lava is sort of a low end phone brand and is new to smartphone market, battery life is probably not that good, only 16gb built in storage, no micro sd :)confused: Why? Lava Why?), kinda looks like an Iphone ripoff

3)Or i could wait till July so that my friend buys me Galaxy Nexus or Sony Xperia S for around $500

I have a budget of around 25000 rs (~500$). I am inclined to buy a atrix 2 with a strontium 32gb class 10 micro sd card and case and scratchcard with that money.

So guys what do you think i should do?
I was contemplating between Atrix 2 and Lava XOLO too. I was very excited about the Lava XOLO but was let down when I checked it out at Chroma. Though the phone performed very well, I was put off by the display - it was quite dull and dark. Also I didn't like the finish - it looked quite cheap. Also I heard the ARM emulator does not handle high end graphics games very well.

The Atrix 2 looks better (though not great) and the display is far brighter and better. There is an occasional lag when zooming images and sifting through screens, I guess because of the Moto Brur UI (XOLO runs stock Android which I like) but I can live with that. I might wait for the Samsung Galaxy Advance S before I make the final decision or just pick up the Atrix 2.

Reactions: flamereaper
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones