• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

aliveon2legs

Android Enthusiast
May 17, 2010
Does anybody use this app? I downloaded it because they're advertising it heavily on the newest Droid commercials. It' pretty cool, but it's way off for me. I would say most restaurants in my area are off a solid 60 degrees. Is there a way to calibrate it?

Ha! Funny you should mention it, because I've had it installed on my Droid for many a month and today I finally uninstalled it. I never used the thing. I put it in the same category as Sky Map. You know, the "really cool app that amazes friends and makes people jealous of my phone, but I never really use" category.

Upvote 0
When I was examining battery usage the first day Layar was at the TOP of the list.. yet I didn't even run the thing ! I tried it out quickly after that and realized while it's 'neat'... unless I went to a new city or something where I wasn't familar with food locations and whatnot.. I'd never use it. I already know where my favorite restaurants and stuff are.

Now if there was a layar option where you could tag PEOPLE... now that would be cool. Imagine seeing all sorts of info about people as you looked through the camera :) Sadly GPS isn't quite that accurate for us yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones