• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Layout Issues - Newbie Question

Loopback

Lurker
Jun 6, 2016
Hi all,

Wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I'm pretty new to Android Studio so i've been following the guides on the android site. I've created the 'start' of an app, but come across an issue with my layout and I can't work it out (code attached).

I've created the initial layout as relative, and just added some buttons in a sort of list fashion. My virtual device is a 4.7" screen and everything looks great, but checking on other devices with different resolutions, the buttons don't 'scale' as I thought/hoped they would, so some of my buttons end up missing (at the bottom) or I get tiny buttons with large amount of whitespace at the bottom.

I understand that in order to support different screen sizes i need to do other things, but considering i'm just using the things that are built in to android at this stage I wouldn't have to?

Thanks.

Attachments

• code.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 172

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones