1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Layout Question

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Wesley Stark, May 13, 2022.

1. Wesley Stark

Wesley Stark Lurker

Hello,

I am building a social media app, and for the chat fragment I am using a cardView inside of a recylerView for each “post”. Basically like Twitter.

I need someone to point me in the right direction. I want the user to be able to make a post. The post could be text only, but I want the user to have the ability to add photos.

Here’s the question: I want the user to be able to post up to 4 images in a single post. How do I handle the layout file/files when the user only adds one pic, or two, etc… Do I need four different layouts? Is the a library/plugin that deals with this issue? I added a ROUGH draft of the layouts that are possible. Thanks for the help. I hope it wasn’t too confusing. Please lmk if I can clarify anything. Thank you.

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Expert

Twitter does that automatically when you upload four photos, and you can only upload four photos at a time :)

3. Wesley Stark

Wesley Stark Lurker

Yes, I know this. But, my problem is that I need to know how to approach this on my own and how to make this functionality work for my specific app. Knowing that Twitter does this was just an example for ppl to understand what I’m trying to accomplish. Thank you though.

Milo Williamson likes this.
  4. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Expert

Not a problem, so you are working on an app that has four functions like that hmm... I will be around somewhere... :)