• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Laza 3460 Extended Battery Initial Thoughts (Update)

Received my battery today. Charged it up over the lunch hour and am in the process of draining it down with a few Netflix movies.

I did have an issue with the new back cover, though. The "Vol Up" rocker on the case was consistently pushing the internal volume button in the phone and drained the battery down 10% in just a few minutes. Once I noticed it, I removed the cover and trimmed it down an 1/8" with a side cutters and now it seems to work just fine.

I have my TPU rubber case trimmed up. I definitely need a new blade in my exacto. But, it looks ok. Not as good as Nocturnal's, whose case looks pretty professional.

Thanks for the holster recommendation, jmiked.

Upvote 0
Nocturnal86, If you haven't sold that extra laza with caseback I'd buy it. I have one and have been contemplating buying a second one and picking up a charger. My son tends to hijack my phone to play games and his favorite one "defense zone HD" eats the battery like it's a mini bag of Doritos. Anyways, PM me your contact info and I'll paypal it or whatever method you choose. Thanks.

Upvote 0
That one will sadly and probally not be as good as this one you should of just spent 7 more bucks and bought this one its awesome and has a year warranty.
43ba91da-b3b2-ad81.jpg

Well like I mentioned I actually prefer the option to just swap standard batteries, bought this on a lark because of the price. If it doesn't work out one it only cost me $5 and two after trying it out for a month I can still return it under ebay buyers protection. Who knows it might be the equal at a lesser cost just like this Laza battery is much cheaper than the Seidio. I'll report back after receiving it later this week and running some tests. UPDATE :I just received this
Item and the cover fits perfectly, has nice ribbing and appears identical to the Laza cover.

Upvote 0
Just noticed the photos in the op, this battery cover is identical to the Laza, for the $5 or $6 with free shipping on ebay from a US seller so that you don't have to wait a month for delivery it's an excellent buy. Especially considering that the postage alone on the envelope was $1.85.I'm very pleased to have this as an option to my preferred method of swapping batteries out as needed. Also found a TPU case that fits non-Seidio extended batteries. Made just for these items. http://www.ebay.com/itm/27082579530...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Edit: this case is for non Seidio battery covers that take up the whole back, won't work with the covers that have the hump.

Upvote 0
So are the LAZA 3460mah extended batteries keeping up well?

I went on Amazon to look for an extended battery and found this one, with unbelievably good reviews, so I went ahead and ordered one, at $21.99.

I considered getting a charger + 2 std battery combo, but prefer to try the extended battery, one of the reasons being that I want to use my phone as gps on day hikes, and I don't want to switch batteries in the middle of the hike

Upvote 0
I got this phone last week and got the laza battery a few days ago. Have not put it in yet. Was going to do that tomorrow. I was wondering about the battery widget and also the battery calibration mentioned in this thread. Which did you get? Never even knew about the calibration thing till now. Glad I saw this thread before I put it in. Any thing I can do to help it work at its best is great.

Upvote 0
Just got my LAZA 3460mah extended battery (seeminly best battery for the price) did my first full charge over night so i just gotta run through the 5 cycles to get the full capacity and everything.
The battery so far seems pretty good had it on around heavy/med use 30 mins of video streeming in the morning some texting wifi on 3g on 25% brightness streaming tune in pro for about 30 mins and its at 77% after 4 hours and 30 mins. The screen is 86% of the battery as expected. Im hoping it will improve with the 5 cycles but so far happy.
A good thing is the battery monitor app reads the temperature of the battery just fine or so it seems the temp goes up and down as usual so thats a good thing cause i know anker batteries didnt have that.
The case is pretty cool compared to the others that effectively double your phone size completely this one is just a hump fitted to the battery and i cut out my TPU case to fit the hump and its a little raw in looks but i dont care cause it works and will protect the front of my phone so im happy with that to ill probally update after a few days to see how it works out for me.

Side note I have an extra brand new sealed battery and door that LAZA sent me I Guess they sent 2 cause of some mix up but they said i could keep it. So if anyone is interested would they want to buy it? I dont need 2 extended batteries. And i already have 2 HTC Official batteries...lol The pics show the extra one and the one i have installed

Here's a few shots of it all

DSCF4597.jpg

DSCF4595.jpg

DSCF4598.jpg

DSCF4602.jpg

Compared to my hand and my hand is kinda small so yea.

DSCF4604.jpg
DSCF4603.jpg

What app are you using to monitor the temperature? I've tried battery widget and it always says 77

Upvote 0
I got this phone last week and got the laza battery a few days ago. Have not put it in yet. Was going to do that tomorrow. I was wondering about the battery widget and also the battery calibration mentioned in this thread. Which did you get? Never even knew about the calibration thing till now. Glad I saw this thread before I put it in. Any thing I can do to help it work at its best is great.

According to these threads, the battery calibration doesn't do any good:

Android battery charging myths and the real truth.

Battery Calibration Debunked (By Actual Google Android Dev)

I won't get my battery until next or the following week. I haven't done any research yet about battery widgets. The default widget on my phone might be good enough.

I am thinking about buying an external dock-type battery charger, but it seems that the standard cheap ones I seen on Amazon don't work with extended batteries

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones