1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LBE Privacy suggestions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ssj4gogeta2003, Dec 19, 2012.

1. ssj4gogeta2003

Now that we have JB working on our phone (seems like yesterday we were just getting ICS, doesn't it?), LBE Privacy Guard will no longer work. In fact, even trying to install it and enable the Active Protection service will bootloop the phone.

I am wondering if there is an alternative app that has permission-restricting functionality like LBE. I am currently using CM10 on my phone and I realize that CM might have some of that functionality inherent in it as well, but I do not know where those options are.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ortrigger

ortrigger Android Expert

I know there is a root app for that. I don't remember what it's called though. Maybe somebody else can remember the name.

3. PrinceCorwin

PrinceCorwin Android Expert

We do?

4. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Android Expert

where have you been?

5. reeseboy

reeseboy Android Enthusiast

Probably hiding. The world is coming to an end on Friday you know :p

6. arlancam509

arlancam509 Member

Same place as me, probably... :)

PrinceCorwin likes this.
  7. MrB206

MrB206 Android Expert

I think there's an app from the security company Lookout that allows you to restrict app functions.

8. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Android Expert

Hey arlan! Long time man. Hope all is well

9. PrinceCorwin

PrinceCorwin Android Expert

I've been unrooted. I was having too many problems so I went back to stock. Haven't been keeping up with the lastest Spec ROM development. I just looked things over and it seems to be going well. Thanx to our devs. Might look back into rooting and ROMing again sometime soon.

IMUcarmen likes this.
  10. Uzephi

Uzephi Well-Known Member

There is one which is really secure as it modifies how the system reacts to applications requesting pretty much all permissions. It is called pdroid. It actually is embedding into the system by patching custom ROMs. So instead of initializing after boot, it works all the time.

link to auto patcher thread here

That thread has links to everything you need to know about pdroid.

11. arlancam509

arlancam509 Member

all is well, just been stupid busy with work (lots of overtime). i get on the forums everyday, but just barely read a post or two.

12. finndo77

finndo77 Android Expert

Have you installed this on a Spectrum? Would you be willing to make a thread with directions for doing so? Using TDM's CM10 and links to all of the referenced threads, would be awesome.

13. Uzephi

Uzephi Well-Known Member

Yes, in the few first hours getting this Spectrum as a warranty replacement for my HTC, I unlocked it, loaded CM10 and patched it with pdroid 2.0

I am currently at work (retail sucks lol). When I get off I will create a thread with links and all infoation you would need, even the patch file to flash in cwm

14. finndo77

finndo77 Android Expert

That would be awesome, I think I could figure it out, but I am a wuss and have $12 in the bank right now. Cannot really afford a brick this holiday. :)

Plus this is my first Verizon phone, so I also don't have a backup handy.

15. Uzephi

Uzephi Well-Known Member

posted thread last night. sorry for long delay, work and family during holidays, you know how it is ;)

ssj4gogeta2003 likes this.
  16. XXXGeek

XXXGeek Newbie

LG Spectrum Forum

The LG Spectrum release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1830mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews