1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support LCD Screen - Is There More to it??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by atvguy64, Jan 18, 2013.

1. atvguy64

atvguy64 Newbie
    None

Nov 27, 2010
    So my phone screen has been acting erratically after a drop. Clicks on buttons/icons by itself, makes its own calls when in the address book, I have a difficult time typing the right buttons... for example, if I push 5, i get an 8, or if I type 6 I get a three... sometimes there are dialog boxes I cant click on due to being in the middle of the screen..... Other positions on the screen work fine....

I did replace this broken digitizer with another one that had cracks, but the phone stopped acting erratically.. I just had the button issues... which I attribute to the cracked screen...

So my theory is that my digitizer broke, although no visible breakage lines/cracks... I get ready to order a new digitizer when some one tells me the digitizer does nothing more than the utilizes the 4 bottom buttons (home, menu, etc) and plays the role of the glass protector from the lcd. ... and that I need a new LCD... Not a new digitizer.....but I thought the LCD was nothing more than the display screen, as in a tv..... I thought all the input was done via the digitizer screen.. Am I wrong??? Did I miss the boat on the role of the digitizer and the LCD? Thanks!

Advertisement

Tags: