• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LCD Screen Vs Digitizer Broken Screen

Hey guys,

So what I thought never would happen happened..my beloved HTC One X's screen which had been through so much, finally decided it couldn't take one more fall and shattered on me :(

I've been looking into replacement screens, and I've noticed Digitizer and LCD screen come up a lot. Do I need to replace both of them?

The reason I ask is there is the option of buying just a replacement digitizer or an LCD screen or an LCD Screen with Digitizer, all of different prices as you can see

http://www.************.com/htc/android-models/htc-one-x.html

What do I need?

The touchscreen is still working perfectly, just the glass on the screen is shattered.

Any input is appreciated as always!

Hmm I've done a bit more digging, and I think it might be the other way around to what you said thundergod66.

The digitizer is stuck to the top of the screen, with the lcd underneath it. I think :/

But from what I've read, it's quite easy to break the screen trying to detach the digitizer so people normally just replace the two of them at the same time. Anyone have any experience on this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones