1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LEAK pre 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jonathan76888, Apr 9, 2010.

?

What would you rather have???

Poll closed Apr 25, 2010.
  1. Stock 1.5

19 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. A DEV ROM

26 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. Leaked Ruu 2.1

38 vote(s)
    45.8%
  1. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

Go here and download the build.prop file in this thread!
    Put said file on your SDcard!
    Open up root explorer and find sd card in there and open that up, then find the build.prop file you just put in there, do a long press until a menu pops up, then scroll down to copy, back out of the SDcard by hitting the back arrow on phone, then go the the system folder on root explorer and paste the build.prop file in there!
    You should be good to go after that, it takes a wile for stuff in the market to show though!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. skndeep101

skndeep101 Newbie

I dont see a link to a build.prop
    also do i have to be rooted because it says that the system folder is read only

3. sage020

sage020 Newbie

Page 3 post 114 contains a link to another forum with the build.prop file to download. Also on root explorer there should be a tab to change ro to rw so you can read and write files.

4. skndeep101

skndeep101 Newbie

thank you but for some reason when i paste the build.prop into the system folder it doesnt actually paste into it it says it pastes then it doesnt show up

Edit: My root explorer was not the latest update i got it to work
    thank you everyone for your help

5. Neo31697

Neo31697 Newbie

Can you use any other file manager besides root explorer. I have es file explorer one and i don't know how to change it to a rw file

6. jonathan76888

jonathan76888 Well-Known Member

well neo using the apps on the market is the easy way, i have only try it with root explorer, but you can do it from windows also!!

7. Neo31697

Neo31697 Newbie

Well i would like to thank you so much for your help i got it to work i just now need to be able to get the more htc widgets to work and a couple of apps on the market which from what i hear takes a day or so. But again thanks for your help

8. matty032

matty032 Android Enthusiast

Installed the RUU. The dialer has terrible lag. When you have to input numbers, like for an automated menu, it tries to dial those numbers on the second Line. The screen is also not as responsive as it was on 1.5. Also, missing many options in the call menu. No option for turning off the vibrate while dialing. No option for long touch tones. Overall, poor decision upgrading to this test Rom.

9. Roman G.

Interesting....
    I had none of those issues when I ran it! I was gonna keep it until the final release.

But now I am overclocked and enjoying JIT in my jeans!

10. matty032

matty032 Android Enthusiast

So, do you have those two options available under the call menu? Would let me know whether to run the RUU again. Thanks

11. Roman G.

Yes I do as a matter of fact!
    It is also a known fact that you cannot turn off the dialer vibrate even though the menu says otherwise without root and the posted fix!
    I am on a aosp Rom at the moment otherwise I would give you the path!

me2u69 likes this.
  12. Was thinking about using this but heard Friend Stream is not included. Can anyone confirm this?

13. ep8703

ep8703 Member

i guess this suppose to be over here. I'm trying to get a recovery image on this ruu2.1 so i can use another rom.
    the problem s there's is no image on the root when I try and follow this guide
    leak 2.1

[FONT=&quot]this is what I'm typing and i get nothing
    cd c:\android-sdk-windows\tools
    and it keeps saying path is not correct what am i doing wrong [/FONT]

14. xbrokdikdogx

xbrokdikdogx Android Enthusiast

do you have the Android ask installed? if not that is why you can't find that directory path.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

15. ep8703

ep8703 Member

Android ask ?? never heard of that one.

16. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Probably supposed to be sdk not ask

17. ep8703

ep8703 Member

oh i have that i change somethings and can now get as far as this
    adb push flash_image /system/bin (not found)
    man this turning out to be more trouble then its worth.

18. jonathan76888

19. xbrokdikdogx

xbrokdikdogx Android Enthusiast

lol at android ask. Stupid spell correction gets me sometimes. :)

20. ep8703

ep8703 Member

getting there i got to point and it say my card was a read only file how do you correct that.

21. jonathan76888

well i used root explorer to do it , just copy the file from my sd card and paste it on system/ bin

22. ep8703

ep8703 Member

were is that? excuse my lack of knowledge system/bin
    and root explorer

23. jonathan76888

lolz, its all goo , we all here to help, ok download the flash_image file, copy it on the root of your sd card, get root explorer on the market, go to your sd card from the app, copy the file and paste in system/ bin!!!

24. mem_reddog

mem_reddog Member

25. ep8703

ep8703 Member

were do you put that comd at

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews