• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What would you rather have???

• Stock 1.5

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • A DEV ROM

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Leaked Ruu 2.1

Votes: 38 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the rooting process says I'm rooted. but still cant flash a recovery i don't want a recovery. is there something else that i can do to just get another rom on here.

You need the recovery image to flash a new rom. and you cant flash a new recovery image with out the flash_image file. PM Sent with instructions and links. It's pretty easy just follow the instructions. ;)

PS one other thing, just don't ever flash any radio that is not from sprint, that will brick your phone.

Upvote 0
Ok so I ran the testing 2.1 RUU from the .exe file from the computer without rooting. I like it! Question i have is when the the official 2.1 from Sprint comes, do i just run their .exe file again? Assuming it will be an .exe file. Or will i have to uninstall this test version and then run the official? Or will i have to somehow put the 1.5 back on? Sorry, i am sort of getting this root non-root thing but i'm not sure.

Upvote 0
Just so long as the hboot on the final ruu they release is not older than the one on this image you should be able to just download the file from sprint and run it. If by some odd chance HTC decides not to upgrade to the new hboot then you either need to wait for a custom ROM to be made that you like or you will have to do a lot of steps to get your phone back to the old hboot. I have seen threads talking about it but never tried myself.

Upvote 0
Just so long as the hboot on the final ruu they release is not older than the one on this image you should be able to just download the file from sprint and run it. If by some odd chance HTC decides not to upgrade to the new hboot then you either need to wait for a custom ROM to be made that you like or you will have to do a lot of steps to get your phone back to the old hboot. I have seen threads talking about it but never tried myself.

Where would i see this hboot? would i be able to see if it is different than the one i have?

Upvote 0
For those that have not rooted and have used the new ruu . Just note that even though you can go back to the 1.5 your going to have to jump through hoops to do so. Some of the threads explain this but its not for the faint of heart ...and its risky. There is a copy of the ruu I believe that you can access via that old 1.5/root technique that allows you to go back to the old 1.5 ruu and also add other roms if you wish as proper rooting / rom installation allows you to go back because Hboot has not been altered. So if you want to test yet and still go back to 1.5 ...root / and rom install without using the RUU. If you want to go 2.1 and still move forward and test without looking back at 1.5 ..then flash away.....

-J

Upvote 0
Ok, I updated to the Sprint leak, and all is well, but had the same issue with the build.prop. So I updated, and now my big flip clock is gone, with the weather too. I went to the widgets and the time or weather is not there anymore. I haven't gotten my paid apps in the marketplace back yet, but I was kinda liking the clock/weather.

I searched for a while because I thought I saw a post about this before, but I can't find it, so sorry if this is somewhere else...

Thanks!

Ken

Upvote 0
Ok, I updated to the Sprint leak, and all is well, but had the same issue with the build.prop. So I updated, and now my big flip clock is gone, with the weather too. I went to the widgets and the time or weather is not there anymore. I haven't gotten my paid apps in the marketplace back yet, but I was kinda liking the clock/weather.

I searched for a while because I thought I saw a post about this before, but I can't find it, so sorry if this is somewhere else...

Thanks!

Ken

same happened to me, do a hard reset (this worked on mine) if that does not work re-flash (worked on one of my peers)

Reactions: kenjancef
Upvote 0
ok, do i edit mine (build.prop) or use another one? thanks for your help it is much appreciated
Problem solved! I used the build.prop i downloaded and used it to replace mine that came with the 2.1 RUU which didn't work before. but this time i did a hard reset. That worked! I got the idea from Salpiche in the post before this one. Thanks! Now to see if when the official 2.1 RUU comes out am i gonna be able to use it. Then again this one works so why fix something that ain't broke. ;)

Upvote 0
I was just talking with a friend about some android things and decided to look at some settings. Noticed the PRL for this leak is at 60660, on 1.5 it was last at 60664. First attempts to update did not work but after a reboot I and a profile update I was able to bring the Leak-Unsigned RUU up to 60664. Also noticed a HTC software update option. Any info on that out here?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones